grade 12 dorms

3rd person pov

"shouldn't you be gone already" Jas's step mother Sasha, questioned with distaste as she stood by her bed packing the last of her things.

"yeah yeah soon" she said dismissively shoving a grey jumper into another one of her bags.

You see one of the good things about going to a boarding school is that she doesn't have to come home to Sasha and her father everyday however, a bad thing is that when jas does come back she can tell the pair were waiting, counting down the days until she was sent off for another couple of months.

Fortunately for them this was her last year at school, year 12. Senior year as the american's say. which meant after this she would be leaving. Jas hadn't decided if she wanted to travel first or get straight into going to uni but whatever it was it was away from home which she liked the idea of.

She gathered the rest of her stuff, stacking the bags up so she could carry them all in the one trip. which was much harder then she originally thought it would be. Saying a quick goodbye to her father jas sees her friend mavis waiting out front in an old 1990 blue green mitsubishi pajero 4x4.

Mavis was filthy rich. her father was very well known and both her parents did well in their jobs. However they raised a humble daughter who earned her place and her things by herself. Of course she had her parents to lean back on if she ever needed the help but often didn't.

"one more year princess" she grins from the drivers seat knowing jas hated that name. it comes from princess jasmine in aladdin. Though, from this nickname a lot of girls around the school thought the two were dating. I mean are you really best friends if people don't think that.

Jas walked over to mavis who had gotten out of the car and gave her a quick hug. "i see you packed light" mavis grumbled seeing the amount of bags jas had for the year. (which was only about 4).

"oh as if you had any less" she rolled her eyes opening the boot of the car. to see a single duffle bag. "mave I really hope there's more" jas pleaded, knowing mavis is not one to keep up with washing clothes.

mavis only laughs and jas sees a couple other bags in the back seat. Shoving the rest of the bags in they close the back up jumping into the front.

"imagine your sharing with her, that would be hilarious" mave said halfway through the drive they both knew who she was talking about. taking a breath as if considering the thought jas stayed silent for a second. but she was quick to deny the assumption before mumbling.

"i wish" mave simply smiled shaking her head,

"are you gonna actually talk to her this year" she asked stealing a glance at jas before steering her attention back to the road.

"hey i do talk to her" jas counters only to receive a knowing look.

"have a actual conversation jas" mave advises turning up the music playing through the radio.

jasmine and the girl went to primary school together. although jas didn't feel like this then the two were still quite good friends. as time went on they grew apart but still had a spark between them.

jasmine's pov

after arriving for another year at boarding school we walk up to the main office to find out where our new dorms were. The two of us hoped that we weren't on opposite sides of campus. but we also made a mutual agreement that if we ended up in the same room we would eventually go all lord of the flies.

"thank you" i smile to the office lady after getting my folder with timetables, who to talk to, senior areas and all that. grade 12's have better living quarters then the rest of the school but we still had 1-3 roommates depending on numbers.

luckily enough mavis and i were on the same floor only a couple doors down from each other. i opened the door to my dorm and looked around the room. the space was definitely larger and the view from the widow seemed better as it over looked the fields and lakes however the furniture still remains similar.

i thought i was the first here however i saw another persons bags by a bed on the right of the room. i walk in further placing my stuff next to the bed opposite seeing if the persons luggage could give me clues as to who i was with.

suddenly the bathroom door opened and out came who i assumed to be my roommate. they hadn't noticed me yet their back still facing me however i could recognise her anywhere.

harper my crush for the last 7 years. how i managed to like her that long ceased to amaze me. then again who couldn't like her. i was snapped from my thoughts when she spun around smiling at me with adoration in her eyes.

"hey love how was your break" she questioned putting her shower stuff down to give me her full attention.

god this was going to be a long year.

a/n
for those of you who are new welcome. for others who have read my other books you know how i am. ha.

have fun

this started as an imagine on tik tok but people seemed to want it as a book so why not.