Return

Once back to the actual school grounds there was another bon fire. Food was laid out on tables, drinks flowed all around. Cordgi kept a firm grip on me as we made our way through the crowd. Dyami stood to one side. Wics eyed me. His were huge in his small head as we moved toward him.

"Troxxie tried telling them something was wrong." Wics stated. I flinched. Of course the demon dragon wouldn't have followed the rules.

"Wics told me what they assumed. " His cold eyes scanned my face. "I'm sorry, Zyn. I took your abilities for granted. We, all the riders, reassured the dragons you, of all of them, would be fine." He whispered.

"Granted Shea did get a bit worried when you failed to return the first night." Greyson smirked as he sat with us.

"Yeah and each hour after that." Quinn scowled.

"Is that why he broke the rules and came looking for me?" I asked.

"Zyn, you don't know?" Dyami looked concerned. I blinked.

"Uh, no?" I said. Wics chuckled. Neffy huffed.

"Whose going to tell him?" Snow asked. Ash was sitting beside her now. I glanced around at them.

"Allow me." Attroxia's eyes met mine. His mind opened up for me. But it wasn't just him. It was like watching a movie from several different views points at once. I was used to them all folding in over top of each other. This was something my brain could handle. I fixed it even as they were showing me it. It ran smoothly through my head.

Cordgi must have shared his experience with Neffy, it began there. We were standing by the cliff. I had yelled at them. Cordgi tried to keep ahold of me, being used to hatchling clinging to me I was quick to escape him. They hurried after me. I was gone from their sight before they ever realized it. They stomped through the forest shouting my name as they tried to find me. It was hours before they heard the howl.

"That wasn't an animal." Baram insisted. They took off running in my direction. Of course this was when I had the stupid idea of hiding. They searched for me for another hour. Pausing to eat they decided getting back to school was most important.

"There we can get the dragons to search for him." Baram explained to Cordgi. He looked so small, fragile even as he nodded.

"We need to get their attention." Cordgi whispered. "He could be hurt. This is life or death!" He cried.

They had all began to yell. Opening their minds they screamed for the dragons. Showing how I had been behaving. Insisting there was something wrong, Wics and Attroxia picked up on it first. The two went to Shea.

Figuring he would be their best ally, they showed him what the group with me had seen me doing. Shea had frowned knowing I shouldn't be acting like this. He made Attroxia reach out to his Nuare. With that contact Bran told him everything. No one at the school wanted to see this as a potential threat. Quinn insisted it was just me being stubborn. Shea and her got into a heated fight that actually resulted in a few blows being exchanged.

In the end Po stepped in. He told Quinn she was being careless. He accepted Shea as his rider to take him to the place they had last seen me. The problem was the people I was with weren't used to hunting or finding their way in the woods alone. It was part of the reason Shea had placed them with me. Yet, Shea was a shifter too. He transformed using his ability to sniff me out, he tried to find me. I had traveled over water and I knew how to hide even my scent from the dragons. Unconsciously I had been doing this. Maybe my messed up brain saw it as another form of cheating.

The afternoon wore on. Cordgi, Ash, and the twins made it back to the school. They were about the middle of the pack of students who came back. As more and more returned, Quinn began to worry about me. She called in her back up.