Epilogue: After Red

Emma woke up in her own room. She scanned the room with her green and red eye, as they landed on her old photo which was picturing Boris and herself. She hadn't thought about that photo in years, despite it being on her self next to her cat eared hat. It had been a present from him. She checked her phone. Seven missed calls from mom. She thought of calling back to her but decided it would be better to talk with her instead. She dressed up for the day, taking her black and white overcoat, and red scarf with her red mittens, most of the letters had been erased. Now it just read "E". She had thought about fixing them but couldn't be bothered. She gave a heavy sigh. She put her phone in her pocket and left outside grabbing her keys as she did. 

She made her way downtown, walking past the playground she used to play with Boris in. She saw a group of girls talking to each other. One of them looked incredibly familiar to her despite her never meeting the girl before. She had light blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes. She waved at her when she saw her, and she did the same. She ended up having a conversation with the girl she didn't know. Turns out her name was Helen, and she actually used to go to the same school as Emma did. 

She continued her way and saw a couple of kids walking from school one of them had blue hair and pigtails while the other had green hair with pink Bow. Both of them looked familiar to her as well. She gave them a friendly smile as she passed them. They asked for some instructions which Emma was happy to help with. Their names were Laura and Iva. 

She waited for the light to change. And for a moment she thought she could see a boy in all black smiling at her. For some reason tears filled her eyes, as she smiled, wiping the tears away. She stopped in front of an older house, it was cream colored with red curtains on inside. She knocked on the door. An older woman opened it. ;"...Hey mom, I'm ready to talk now." She said walking inside. She hugged her mother tightly, and she did the same patting her back. The closed the door after them, and they had a long conversation ahead of them.