Part 6

You know my most favorite movie of my childhood was " The Mummy ". Actually, I loved every movie which is about pyramids, fossils or historical things and that is why I thought I am interested in archaeology. But when I had to learn it as a subject or when I think about it as my career, I don't feel like I made a right decision anymore. 

I felt so wrong to do unfinished homework from yesterday. Suddenly, all the dreams I had since I was a kid disappeared. It was so scary to live without a dream, I was directionless. Since the day I recognized I chose a wrong path for my life, I was so depressed that I started to spend most of my time alone without studying or without doing my responsibilities. My days were so messed up. And I felt tired twice to pretend like I'm doing well in front of her.

It drew my attention when a girl with long hair sits down in front of me out of the blue as I am sitting alone at the stairs of our university's entrance. These stairs became my favorite spot. I usually sit here, thinking this and that till the gate is closed around 9pm, but I have never bumped into someone else like this before.

" How are you? " She asked without even looking back at me as if she is talking to the wind.

She was wearing black sport shorts and white t-shirt, also she tied her hair a little high with a blue scrunchy. I had no idea who is she but I thought she is someone who need to escape from stress like me too. I did not notice I took a while to answer her until she turn her waist and put her elbow on another stair. She smiles and repeats the same sentence but more lively this time.

" Hey! how are you? " I could tell from her eyes and smile that she has a bright personality.

" Hi.. hmm.. I'm.. I'm good. How are you? " I did not know why the way she is friendly made me stutter.

" I'm good but you don't seem good " She said it with a smile and turns forwards again which makes me doubt if I am that obvious.

" What's your name? " 

" It's Moonbyul "

" I'm Sana from 3rd year, Botany " She said and then gives me her hand for a shake that I immediately responded when I know she is a senior.

" Nice to meet you, Moonbyul "

" Nice to meet you too " Although I just know her, I notice she has a habit of finishing her every sentence with a smile which effects me too.

" You're fresherman from archaeology, right? " 

" How do you know? " I asked surprisingly which makes her look at me carrying her smiley eyes.

" Because I am interested. " She said and I feel bad inside me. I felt bad that her boldness made my heart skip a beat. She then chuckles at my stunned face and stands up. Isn't she just joking? I thought.

" Follow me, I got something to show you "

For a few seconds, I was like ' why would I? ' but when she offers me her hand as she knows I am hesitating to trust her, my body just respond on its own. I held her hand and followed her. Her hands are warm just like Yongsun's while my hands are always cold like winter.

She took me to the little forest behind our university but it is not actually a forest. It is like a wide backyard with many trees and green plants.

" Sana unnie, where are we goi- " She closed my mouth with her forefinger and showed me something so heartwarming. There were four puppies in vanilla color with their mother behind shoeblack plants. She was not breastfeeding them because they are sleeping safe and sound. But wait- 

" Isn't she the one I usually see around the cafeteria? "

I think I spoke a little loud that made her awake. She growled us before Sana unnie calls her name to let her know it is us and not someone who would harm her and her babies. She indeed is a protective mom.

" Mochi ya.. it's okay. It's me "

Mochi? Is it her name? Her name suit her round body and white furs. Then Mochi wiggles her tail and makes some noises to show her joy.

" Do you know her too? " I asked and she replied without taking her eyes off the puppies.

" Yeah.. On other day, I was about to feed her as usual but I saw you feeding her before me. Are you a dog person too? " She asked and turned her head suddenly to me which caused me look away immediately.

" Hmm.... yeah, I used to have a golden retriever when I was a kid. "

" Is that so? Mochi is a mixed-breed and I'm pretty sure Golden Retriever will include in her breed. I didn't know she has babies too. I found out by following her yesterday. " She said.

" She must be a good mom. Look at her chubby babies " I said and pointed at the biggest one. She smiles and says ' cute ' for nth times.

" I don't think it's good for puppies to stay outside like this. Also winter is coming . Does she have a owner? "

" I don't think so. I've been feeding her since last year and no one came find her. Maybe she's a street dog. " 

She then told me it is time to go back to our dorm but I still want to spend more time with puppies. Although I said our dorm, it is not like we live in the same dorm. There's no way we would since we are from different departments. But all the dorms are in the same area.

" Since there's a rule we can't keep pets at dorm, it's impossible to keep puppies with me or you. But I'll ask my mom to look after them. I'm quite sure she'll agree. She loves pets too. " She said while heading back to our dorms.

" Ah.. are you okay with that? Do you wanna adopt them? " I smile and shake my head.

" This is not my hometown, unnie. It'd be so great if you take them. You seem like a warm-hearted person too. I know you'll take care of them well. " I said when we stop walking as we're already in front of her dorm.

" Really? I'm happy to hear it from you. When you can no longer see Mochi here, do you think you'll miss her? "

" I think I will. Why did you ask me? If I do, will you let me visit your home to see Mochi? " I teasingly told her but she nodded like it has no problem with her.

" Are you serious? " I asked and she nodded again.

" That's good, unnie. Though I've known her for a few months, I really love her. She's my only listener these days. " I was a little touched honestly when she gives light pats on my head. I thought it was all because I was having a hard time.

" Don't worry, I can be another Mochi for you from now on. See you, Byul ssi. You need to go before curfew. " She uttered, reminding me to aware of the time. I waved at her and she did the same.

So, unbeknown to me, I let my guard down for her..