Today, Now and Tomorrow

「𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘧𝘢𝘳 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺. 𝘈 𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘳𝘰𝘱 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘴 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘮𝘺 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴.」

••●••

Ayaki woke up in tears. Rising her head, she brought her hand to face, feeling the tears streaking down her cheeks.

She was crying?

Why was she crying?

Perhaps it was because of her dream?

Her dream...

That scary white room, devoid of any warmth. The blinding light pricked her eyes. The weird smell of disinfectant lingered in the room. Was that the reason for her tears?

No... that wasn't it.

It was that individual. Despite being with her in the room, not even the warmth of a candle is radiated from them. That individual... no, that man. Who is he? Where is that place? That dream felt so real. Has that happened to her?

"Guh!" A sharp pain stabbed the back of her head, causing her sight to turn black. Her head spun, disrupting the careful stack of thoughts she had placed in her mind. All she could do was whimper. Curl herself into a ball and cover her ears, fervently wishing for the striking ringing to go away. She closed her eyes.

...

"..."

...

...!?

Ah it seems that I can...

Huh.

She was laying down on the infirmary bed, curled up with closed eyes. It was the state she was in when she took control.

...She felt bad for doing that to her. She didn't mean to hurt her, she just wanted to hide that event from her thoughts. After all, that place clears the mind, she wouldn't be able to touch that subject as long as she's there... Hopefully...

"..."

Well, it has worked before, all she can do now is hope it works again today. If she decides to dig deeper for info, she'll just distract to stop her from getting in danger.

But for now, all she wants to do is lay down and... and... and...

...

"Ayaki-chan?"

A voice. The young girl opened her eyes. There was a pretty face looming over her. Ah, it was Yosano, the pretty doctor. "Ayaki-chan, are you okay? You look a bit pale..." The young albino stared at Yosano for a brief moment, before looking away. "I'm... I'm okay... I think..."

Yosano frowned. "You think?"

The albino went silent, knowing anything she might say would cause her... some issues.

"You hit your head yesterday. Dazai was quite worried, he was by your side all night until he scampered off at the brink of daylight." She said, sitting beside the girl.

Yesterday...?

What happened yesterday...?

...

Ah!

"Are they okay?!?" The albino's frame shook violently as she propped up next to Yosano.

She let a drawn out sigh. "They're fine. I've already treated them yesterday. I even dissected Junichiro a couple times, then I got bored and let him be."