How it Started (Chap. 1)

*Flashback*

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?" This is the third time this week he's blown. My dad is tired and drunk.He even has that crazy look in his eyes from when he drinks too much. My dad has problems and he just tries to drink them away. It scares me when he gets this way,and when he hits my mom I feel like some of her pain is given to me.And it hurts.Grief stricken I  ran to my room and hid. Later my mom comes to my room with a suitcase, "Katherine,"she doesn't need to say anything else I can see it in her eyes. We packed the suitcase and then we got into the car; she drove and drove and drove.I don't even think she knew where she was going, just away I guess. 

We were sleeping when I heard a tap on the window . It is dark out,but I still can see the figure of a woman. My mom sits up, weary from driving so long. She rolls down the window. The woman told us we could stay the night with her and her daughter.Later on I learned that her name was Claire Stie and she had a daughter my age named Rissa. I was told I would spend the night in Rissia's room. We talked almost all night,turns out we had a lot in common. I decided that maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all.

That was four years ago and hopefully something like that never happens again.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------> Pic of Katherine (Kitty)  to the side

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW