Selfish

Chapter Text

A/N: This is an AU type of Jolu story, where Lulu left Port Charles shortly after their 2009 breakup. Johnny and Olivia still dated but it was never anything serious, Ethan and Johnny are still best friends. Maxie and Lulu patched things up before she left for L.A. I won't give too much away but, I do have a few surprise resurrections planned...Johnny and Lulu briefly stayed in touch through the years, the story is set in the Spring of 2011. I don't like Dante so he might show up in the story or he might not. If you guys could tell me which characters you would like coupled up or which characters featured in this story that would be cool, or if you have any ideas just comment because I welcome ALL feedback and suggestions. The only thing I'll say is Jolu is endgame haha, anyway thank you for reading!//"When are you going to admit you're done with all these crackwhores?" Abby Harver rose one blonde brow, walking into her bosses office after seeing him hungover after another night out."Jokes on you, I spent last night chasing Lovett around. Trying to make sure Stacey didn't cut him-crazy bitch." Johnny Zacchara mutters, popping a Tylenol into his mouth in hopes of calming the raging headache."You know she pops percs, right? I told you, most of the women here belong in an insane asylum." Abby withheld the urge to roll her eyes."I found that out last night-I wouldn't touch her with a ten foot pole. No pun intended. I have rules-no Chlamydia for Johnny Zacchara. I made a promise to an old friend a long time ago-and I intend on sticking true to my word. I don't break promises." Johnny got a far off look in his eyes as he stared at nothing in particular."What's her name?" Abby perched herself on the edge of the couch in Johnny's office, even though she'd been working at Vaughan's for almost three years and had been friends with Johnny basically from the moment they'd met-The boss man was full of tightly held secrets."What makes you think it's a woman?" Johnny was amused."Do I look like I was born yesterday?" Abby narrows her eyes at him, usually Johnny was so forthcoming-lately he'd been tight lipped and withdrawn."She was my first love, and the best friend that I've ever had." Was all he said, before taking a swig of water."What happened, and why are you being so withdrawn?" Abby sighed, sometimes having a conversation with him was as if you were pulling teeth."What happened is I fucked up and we were history. She left for LA after the break up-I still hear from her sometimes." Johnny shrugged, it's not that he didn't want to talk-It was just painful."Well, obviously this woman doesn't hate you if there's still contact. Why don't you go see her? I think she should know how you feel-forget the past. If you two are still friends, is there really any harm in going to see her?" Abby reasoned."I guess not, It would be good to see Lulu again. Been four years." Johnny nods only once, as if entertaining the idea."Lulu as in Ethan's sister?" Abby's jaw dropped open, she'd never had the opportunity to meet this woman but had heard quite a few stories."The very same-though I met Lulu way before Lovett ever did. That woman was the best thing to ever happen to me but, I'm just not sure if she'd want to see me..." Johnny trails off, more than anything all he wanted was to call her up like he used to and talk to her-but he had fucked that up long ago."Hello?" Ethan Lovett groaned, blindly reaching for his phone that'd been persistently ringing for the past few minutes."Fun night?" A teasing voice on the other line asked, the females lips curved into a smirk."Sis? Long time no talk! How the fuck are you?!" Ethan chuckled straightens up in his bed."Oh, let's not open that door. All you need to know is that I'm coming home-don't tell Johnny. I want surprise him-will you help me?" Lulu blabbed, emptying a bag of Cheetos into her mouth as she spoke."You know I've got you sis but, I thought you liked California. What's up?" Ethan was confused."I'll explain everything later-can you just meet me at the airport Thursday morning at 5?" Lulu was getting impatient when pressed about her reasoning as to why she'd come home."Why so early? I mean yeah, I'll be up at 5." Ethan didn't get his sister sometimes."The sooner the better. Like I said I'll explain everything, I just need to get out of here. I can't do it anymore-I really can't..."