I Can Do Better

“You staying later tonight?” Stacey Addams smirked, leaning her head against the receptionist desk as Johnny Zacchara walked out of his office.
“No. I’m going home…I’ll leave the late night shenanigans to you ladies-I’m getting too old for that.” Johnny forced a smile, before walking out into the pouring rain. Johnny had never really liked Stacey but, she was popular with the customers which was the only reason he kept her around. Stacey always tried to feel him up, he didn’t quite feel comfortable being alone with her. It had been a few days since Johnny and Abby’s talk, to which he’d been mulling over if he should talk to Lulu.
Previously this morning
“I’m going home. I FINALLY get to go home…I’m so happy that Carter’s going to be gone all week. He’ll never know that I’m gone-and by the time he figures it out? I’ll be settled back in Port Charles.” Lulu Spencer smirks as he feet touched the hardwood floor, ripping off the bed sheets. When she had first moved to Los Angles she had wanted a fresh start…because Johnny had broken her heart. With time, she had come to realize that Johnny was only doing what he thought was best…Claudia and Anthony had him under so much pressure he finally buckled. Within a month of being away, Lulu contacted Johnny and they talked things out…agreeing to be friends. Lulu really missed him, which is why she wanted to surprise him. Lulu met Carter through Dillon who she’d stayed with within her first few months of being “New Girl.” At first, things with Carter were going well…she felt like she’d found her person, he even almost made her forget about Johnny. Almost. They moved in together in mind 2010 which is when their relationship changed…and the random cheating incidents started. Carter would stumble into their apartment in wee hours of the morning with a tall, blonde goddess named Serena. Carter had origins in New York which he hardly ever spoke of but, Serena was obviously an old flame. The drinking incidents increased but…he said that he loved her. Due to what happened in 2008 with Logan Lulu was skeptical but, guilt trips always worked.
“I really wish he hadn’t started beating me…maybe we could have put everything else behind us. What’s Johnny gonna say when he see’s all the bruises on me? He’ll probably be ashamed of everything I let happen. I just-I need to see him.” She let her eyes flutter shut at the memories, as she shut the door behind her. Lulu had caught a cab to the airport, Hazel eyes darting left and right as to not draw unwanted attention. Lulu carefully walked into the airport, black stilettos clicking against the linoleum floor…forcing a smile at the guards. Once she boarded the plane, she let out a breath.
“I’m going home.”
At Five that morning Lulu’s plane touched down in Port Charles, New York…Ethan Lovett nervously awaited in the lobby.
“Ethan!” He heard a gleeful shout that could only belong to his sister…a huge smile curved onto his face.
“Sis.” He smirked, taking her bags from her.
“So, what’s all this…don’t tell Zacchara shit about? Aren’t you two good?” Ethan rose one brow, walking with her.
“It’s nothing like that. I just want to surprise him-I know he’s been under a lot of tough shit. He could use some good in his life. Right?” Lulu shrugged, wanting to appear innocent.
“Ahh, I get it. You’re so lucky you’re my sister…I wouldn’t skip sleep for just anyone.” Ethan chuckled, as they exited the airport.
“Why aren’t you sleeping? What’s eating at you?” Lulu quirked one brow, curious.
“You have you’re secrets, I have mine.”

Johnny unlocked his apartment door, switching on the light…completely disgusted by the day he’d had.
“Finally, I was wondering when you’re slow ass would get here. I’ve been waiting for hours…”