Chapter Two-At Midnight, the blood gushes-1977

Arabella smiled.

'Good evening. Tonight is Chinese duck, roasted, vegetables, dim sims, pizza, garlic bread, coffees, and Earl Grey tea...this is not a situation in which there's more demands on me; there's only the kind of music as well that is not full of drama...'., Arabella said. The Blue Oyster Cult's "Don't fear the Reaper", was on the radio; it was grim indeed. But Arabella smirked. 'Halloween is not too far away', she pronounced to the guests. 

She saw them shivering.

 'The heater is on', she said.

And, as they were warmed up, the screams outside the House of Dark Skulls came from the murky waters of the old Bayou.

~~

'I know it's bad manners but are you really insane?', Mike asked Arabella. 

Arabella lurched forward. 

She wasn't sure what she could, or would, say. 

'We are mad in the land of madness', Arabella answered him. 

'That's a bit rich, coming from you', David objected.

'My life is not yours, or the guests. It is Louisiana. A city of magic, and death. Of course, there's supernatural beliefs in the Bayou. If you don't believe, then there's nothing to worry about, is there', Arabella said.

And the screams didn't go away.

***

'For bloody sake, Arabella...there's something out in the freaking Bayou', Mike said. Arabella waited. 

'Do you believe in ghosts, demons, or monsters?'.

'No'.

'Then...there's nothing to worry about, is there', Arabella concluded.

Page 3.