Chapter 4

"Start the car

"Start the car."

I looked at the key in my hands fumbling to find the largest one. "Reid I don't know about this," I paused, turning to him.

He took the keys out of my hand and leaned over sticking it in their slot. Turning it three times the engine came alive the lights on the dashboard flashing on and then turning off.

I gripped the steering wheel in my hands rechecking all my mirrors and seat position for the hundredth time. Reid sat patiently waiting for me to put the car in reverse. I checked my mirror again for the fifth time. 

"Jade your mirrors are good. Put the car in reverse."

I gulped, placing my shaking hand on the gear shift and dragging it down to reverse. I back out cautiously letting the car hit the dip in the driveway before I turned my wheel.

"Wrong way," Reid said, I look at my hands steering to the left when my exit was to the left.

"Oh," I turned my wheel to the right and put the car in drive. My cheeks heated in embarrassment from not knowing where to turn.

Reid sat relaxed in his seat as I drive up to the stop sign. I could feel his eyes switching between me and the road. "Okay, you're going to take a left and here and left at the light.

I made my turn and got into the left lane, turning my signal on just like I was taught. I gulped down my nerves as I watched the cars at the intersection drive effortlessly.

The lights above the intersection turned green and I stepped on the gas pedal. "You need to relax, babe your form is so rigid," Reid said, his eyes observing my body posture.

My eyes flickered over to him, his choice of words throwing me off. "What the hell did you just call me?"

He nodded his head towards the road, indicating to keep my eyes on it. I grumbled, paying him no attention as the red lights flashed at the next interaction. "Ok so see that turning lane on the right," he leaned over the console, his masculine scent tickling my nose the closer he drew. "I want you to drive into there. Make sure you use your indicator and check your mirrors before switching lanes."

He settled himself back in his seat, I gulped down another set of nerves as the cars came to a stop again and it was my turn to go. I did as instructed and made my lane switch, coming to a stop at the red light. The road seemed clear so I began to make my turn when Reid grabbed the wheel, yelling stop. My foot hit the brake so fast, my brain couldn't even catch up to what happened.

A large truck from across me turned into the lane I was going into, surely to be crushed if I didn't stop a second later. Reid sat back in his seat, breathy shakily. I looked up at the lights that were now green which brought me into the turn lane into McDonald's.

"Turn at the next left," he muttered tiredly. I pulled up into the drive-thru, finding myself at the menu. "I want two Mcflurries and one double cheeseburger." He passed me a crisp twenty-dollar bill.