⚬ 029

As they stepped into the house, the atmosphere was a labyrinth of confusion

As they stepped into the house, the atmosphere was a labyrinth of confusion. Identifying familiar faces amidst the sea of strangers was like finding a needle in a haystack. Polite "Excuse me's" echoed around them as they navigated through the crowd, until a sudden uproar drowned the blaring music.

A voice, familiar and distinct, cut through the cacophony. Ten and Diane locked eyes instantly, recognizing the owner of the voice - Hannah.

As they pushed their way to the front, where the crowd was thickest, they spotted Hannah. She was holding an empty black plastic cup, identical to the ones clutched in the hands of everyone else. However, the contents of her cup were not inside it, but splattered across Kiomi's mummy costume, staining the fabric.

Kiomi stood opposite Hannah, her face etched with shock as she tried to process the situation. The crowd's reactions echoed around them, amplifying the tension. Beside Hannah stood Winter, her hardened gaze directed towards Kiomi.

"Hannah, what the hell?!" Kiomi's voice wavered as she looked down at her stained costume, then back at her friend. Disbelief was written all over her face.

"Just what the hell's going on, Hannah?" Ten emerged from the shadows of the crowd, leaving Diane and Yeri behind. He stepped into the center, wrapping a protective arm around Kiomi, who was sniffling in his hold. His other hand was extended out, a clear warning for others to keep their distance.

Winter stepped a little closer, her glare unwavering. "Your best friend was the one who sabotaged the Art room, and Diane that day."

Kiomi sneered, "What? And what proof do you have?"

Hannah held up her phone, "For one, I checked the video footage. Diane was in her classroom when you attacked, and she'd seen Renjun before you did it."

Kiomi scoffed, "You can't be serious. How does that make me the villain here?"

Hannah turned her gaze towards the crowd. On one side, there was a slight commotion. Yeri emerged, having left Diane's side momentarily. Clutched in her left hand was a green spray can.

Yeri shook the can, the rattling sound audible to everyone. "It's been used, almost finished!"

Gasps erupted from everywhere around them. Diane, hidden in the shadows of the crowd, could only watch in disbelief, too shocked to process her feelings.

Ten looked back at Kiomi, his face a mask of disbelief and disappointment. The protective arm he had around her loosened, and he backed up slightly. "Is that true?" He asked, his voice barely above a whisper. Everyone awaited her response.

Kiomi sniffled, her lips quivering as she trembled in her spot, like a deer caught in headlights. But only a moment later, her facade crumbled, and her demeanor changed completely.

Her pitiful expression snapped into an emotionless one. She looked bored, checking her manicured nails before rolling her eyes. "Oh, what the hell."

"Fine," she responded, crossing her arms. "I did it."