two || opportunities

TWO || OPPORTUNITIES

"Okay, Addison, let's go over that bridge again," Gustavo announced, and she nodded. Griffin turned to Gustavo as she sang. "She's doing great. Keep up the good work, Gustavo. And, remember what I said. You have three days to give me the demos for your new boy band." He said before leaving the room. Gustavo sighed before turning to Addison and giving her a thumbs up. "Now, take it from the top," Gustavo ordered as Kelly and the boys walked into the recording room.

"This is the recording room where you guys will record all of your music," Kelly announced, and the boys immediately became in awe as the band started playing, and Addison started to sing. Their jaws dropped, and they stared at the teen with wide eyes.

"I can never really tell the truth
Whenever somebody brings up you
Hear your name, set a flame
Burns to think of all the shame
After all the shit you put me through
Especially 'cause your love was all I knew
Looking back at photographs
When you would hide behind that mask, yeah
I always wondered if I was fine
You made me believe that lie"

"Wow, she's really good," Logan said, and the boys all nodded in agreement. "And she's so much prettier in person." Carlos sighed dreamily now that he had a chance to take her in. "I'm going to marry her someday," James added, and Kendall rolled his eyes. After watching her, he finally sighed in defeat. "Okay, yeah, she's pretty great." He admitted, and the boys smirked at him before bumping his shoulder.

"Love is the devil, I can't explain
Just how your words do some shit to my brain
Love is the devil, it always tries
To come in and haunt me and mess with my mind
It is bitter that I won't let myself leave
I am stuck in all the history
The happy memories, now I see
Love is the devil, blinded by hate
Started a war with my heart, I'm like
Maybe I've been mad."

Addison was so caught up in the song that it took a while for her to realize the boys were watching her sing. Usually, it wouldn't have bothered her to have an audience, except one glance at Kendall, and she started unraveling. The bored look on Kendall's face made her want to scream. She made eye contact with him and held his gaze, and he swore he could feel her gaze stir something deep in his core in addition to how her voice sounded. She was hypnotic. His hands grew clammy, and he held his breath at how she swayed her hips as she sang. She sent him a slight wink and continued to sing. Damn, her flirting would be the death of him.

"Love is the devil, I can't explain
Just how your words do some shit to my brain
Love is the devil, it always tries
To come in and haunt me and mess with my mind
It is bitter that I won't let myself leave
I am stuck in all the history
The happy memories, now I see
Love is the devil, blinded by hate
Started a war with my heart, I'm like
Maybe I've been mad"