Chapter 1

The continent of Elvaria hosts numerous kingdoms dotting its landscapes. There are six human kingdoms and one elvish, the orcs and dwarves live inside mountains in their own small territory, and this is where our story begins. Inside Mount Granock lives a young orc who's about to go on an adventure of a lifetime.

"Master Ogrum I want to become a mercenary can you please train me to become one" says Granack

"Are you not happy being my apprentice anymore Gran? Plus, I don't want you throwing your life away just yet, your still so young"

"I'm fifty years old that's why I must do this I wanna see the world while I'm still young. Please teach me how to fight Ogrum you would be doing me a huge favor."

"Hm.... fine I will, come meet me here tomorrow near mid-day and I will show you what I know."

"Thank you so much you won't regret this."

"I better not, now go home and rest you have a lot of work to do tomorrow."

"Alright see you tomorrow Ogrum"

The next day Granack goes back to Ogrums house/smithy to see his master dressed not in an apron but instead in orc light armor with a dull great sword in his hand, he waves towards Gran.

"Glad to see you showed up today, now take these and put them on."

Ogrum hands over some orc light armor and a dull sword, Gran goes inside the house to put on the armor and heads out back with Ogrum for training

"Alright then, I want you to come at me with everything you got."

Granack lunges at Ogrum with all his might just to be deflected off his great sword and sent to the ground.

"You have no form, here let me show you."

He shows Granack a proper stance for fighting with a sword then tell hims to come at him again, this time he didn't immediately get sent to the ground.

"You're doing a bit better, you will need to refine your technique."

"Heh...If I didn't know any better, I would never guess your two hundred years old."

"Hahaha...I'm still in good shape for my age, now again."

They continued this for hours until Gran managed to not fall down.

"Good, you're improving quickly."

"Well, I got a good teacher."

"That you do, I say it's time for us to get some supper and continue this tomorrow. Come I'll make you some mushroom and moss stew"

"Mm...that sounds good, I guess I'll stay for a bite to eat."

For the next month they continued training every day, Ogrum showed him a few different weapon styles and asked him to pick the one he liked the most.

"Hm.... I'd say I liked the halberd the most if I'm being honest."

"Good choice, good for cleaving through even armored targets. Now come at me again."

"With pleasure."

Their blades clashed together as they countered each other's moves like crazy, the sounds of metal clashing together were loud and most in the area could hear them fighting with all their might until the sound stop.

"Good attempt, you almost got me that time Gran."

As he looks down at Granack getting off the ground.

"One day I will beat you."

"Haha, maybe one day. Now come with me were going to the fighting pits today."