Chapter 2

(I do apologize for the late chapter, got super busy with life. I will try to upload regularly but sadly not a guarantee. I will do my best)  

Sergeant Nalrick leads the group to a short but long building then has them halt so he may speak.

"Listen up recruits, you are platoon four out of four. Do you any of you know what I mean by that?"

The recruits look around at each other to see if someone knows what he means but no one comes forward.

"There are four platoons of twenty recruits and your platoon four, each platoon is lead by a Sergeant like myself. Your recruitment here relies quite a bit on how good each of you are but your platoons general success in the challenges to come is equally a big deal, now any questions?"

"Permission to speak Sergeant."

"Permission granted recruit."

"What are these challenges you speak of and what is the building behind you?"

"The challenges are a secret and you will only be told them on the day they happen, the only thing I can tell you about them is some are for your platoon only and some are all four platoons. Also the building behind me is your barracks while you're here."

All the recruits quickly look it over again and notice it's not the greatest looking building.

"Now recruits follow me."

Sergeant Nalrick leads them to their barracks and tells each one to pick a bed and stand in front of them.

"Good you picked quickly without an argument, wish all platoons were like. When I do roll call in the morning and/or when I come in here this is how you will be organized. Each of you will immediately stand in front of your beds like this standing at attention. Do you understand recruits?"

"Yes sir."

"I couldn't hear you, louder."

"YES SIR!!!!"

"That's more like it, it's almost evening so get unpacked and go to sleep. Were doing training just after first light."

As he says that the Sergeant leaves the barracks, as soon as he does the recruits begin talking to each other.

"I can't believe were all being trained to become mercs." A random recruits says.

"Yeah I know, I can't wait to see how many adventures we'll go on when we pass the tests."

"By the way I'm Makalera."

He holds out his hand to shake.

"I'm Gran."

They shake hands firmly as they do the biggest recruit comes over.

"Hello, I'm Nogar nice to meet you"

He's a towering orc of eight feet four inches nearly a foot taller the most orcs and he is a large mass of muscles.

Gran and Makalera take turns shaking his hand.

"Damn Nogar your much bigger up close like this, your probably an exact foot taller then me."

"Haha...I've been told I'm a tad big sometimes...Haha."

His laugh is a deep bellow of a laugh that slightly vibrates everyone.

"Hey Nogar have you ever seen battle?"

"No, I haven't seen actual battle yet. Why you asking Makalera?"

"Well you know when orcs go into the blood thirst state they can grow in size with each kill so I was wondering if that's why your big as hell."