Erwin x Reader (Let her go)

You only need the light when it's burning low

Only miss the sun when it starts to snow

Only know you love her when you let her go

"That will be all today Squad Leader," Erwin dismissed the (h/c) woman slouched over the desk that was next to his. Usually, she would have been in her own office but with all the recent rain she got flooded out.

"Very well sir, thank you." She got up and saluted her commander and left his office with his stare trailing behind her.

Only know you've been high when you're feeling low

Only hate the road when you're missing home

Only know you love her when you let her go

They used to love each other, 0nce when they were younger and commander wasn't part of his title.

"And you let her go" Erwin whispered to himself watching her walk away kicking himself for things left unsaid.

It was another two weeks before her office was cleared of water, two weeks of awkward small talk and restless silence. Erwin and Levi had decided to take the Squad Leaders out to a local tavern for drinks one night to celebrate a moderately successful breakthrough in Hange's work.

Big mistake

Staring at the bottom of your glass

hoping one day you'll make a dream last

But dreams come slow and they go so fast

Erwin, the commander of the scouting legion, was a light weight. And (Y/N) was stuck taking care of him.

"(y/n) I've been unfair to you." Erwin slurred as she set him on his bed.

"Oh? How so, Commander?" the young woman was curious as to what her old lover had to say.

"I love you" the Commander blurted out as she helped him out of his clothes and into bed.

But instead she dropped him " You are also shit-faced" she deadpanned not looking him in the eye knowing where this was going

"I can be both," he sat up a bit looking pleading at her. "Stay with me"

Well you see her when you fall asleep

But never to touch and never to keep

'Cause you loved her too much

And you dived too deep

Erwin woke up with what he marked as the worse hangover in his life and his next. And at that moment he swore to never drink again. In mid thought, some rustling caught his attention and he half opened his eyes to see that she did stay and by the marks on her body they had a memorable night. He wanted her to come back to be, he wanted her to stay, but she didn't glance at him as she finished getting dressed.

And you let her go

(AUTHOURS NOTE FOR READER CHAN!! SOO in case reader chan didn't catch it at the end where reader chan is helping light weight Erwin to bed is a scene from Archer. And it's actually hilarious. That is all)