xvi

╔.𖥸. .════════════════╗

𝗖𝗟𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗬

chapter sixteenstill got scars on my back from your knife

chapter sixteen
still got scars on my back
from your knife

╚════════════════. .❀.╝

ANOTHER SLEEPLESS NIGHT.

Alyssa sat up in her bed, rubbing tiredly at her eyes. She was completely exhausted. All the thoughts in her head had been keeping her up, playing on repeat like a broken record.

The cold metal of lockers and how much it hurt. A stinging lip. Her ring slicing against skin. Sore muscles. Footsteps slapping against the floor. Hiding in a dark room. An aching heart. Shattered glass. The sound of a body hitting the railing.

It had been two weeks. Two weeks since the fight at the school. Two weeks since she had relentlessly punched and kicked Hawk. Two weeks since Robby kicked Miguel off of the balcony and ran away, not having been seen since. Two weeks since Miguel had been placed in a coma and was currently still fighting for his life.

Two weeks since Alyssa's life had lost all sense of normalcy, if she ever had any since Cobra Kai came back to the Valley.

Alyssa pushed her covers off of her, goosebumps rising on her skin from the cold air off her house. She walked into the bathroom and dreaded what she would see when she looked in the mirror. Sure enough, dark circles and bags were underneath her eyes from her lack of sleep and from the amount of stress she was under. She looked like a mess, and she felt like a mess, and she found herself wondering if things would ever get better, because the past fourteen days had felt like absolute hell.

She wanted to stay in bed like she had been doing a lot lately, but it was the first day of school back since the fight. Alyssa got ready for the day, curling her hair a little bit and putting on a pretty blue dress layered over a white t-shirt. She put on her makeup, which made her look a little more alive, but if anyone really looked at her up close, they would probably still see the tiredness behind her eyes.

If she was being honest, her neck felt completely empty without the A necklace she had given to Hawk since she had worn it for so long. She had tried to wear others, but nothing really felt the same. Nevertheless, she put on a gold necklace with a small butterfly charm.

Alyssa grabbed her backpack and slung it over her shoulder. She walked down the stairs to an empty house — her mom always had the night shifts at the hospital but had been staying longer to look over Miguel, knowing that it would probably make Alyssa feel just a little bit better. Alyssa usually drove her little brother to school, but at the insistence of her mom to let Alyssa do her own thing for a while, Jackson had taken the bus.