Jealously Turns Red [Tulipglare]

TRIGGER WARNINGS// blood/gore, self-worth issues, mention of bodies, character death, spoilers for River of Secrets. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED [if there is anything I missed, please tell me] 
you are not inclined to listen to the video above, it is just to set the mood :) 

--

"Tulipglare?" a faint, but familiar voice called out, "Tulipglare? Starclan to Shadowclan, Tulipglare are you there?". 

"Huh?" Tulipglare hazily blinked her olive green-grey eyes as a dark silver cat came to view, waving their paw in her face "Lavendersong?". 

As her vision cleared up, she saw Lavendersong rolling her eyes, "Um, yeah, who else?" she scoffed, "Leapingfox?". From the prey pile, their brother jerked up with his ears pricked, and glared at them.

"I heard that!" he barked.

"It's not good to ease drop, you know that dear brother?" Lavendersong teased, a small grin on her face. Tulipglare knew that if she was closer, she would've bopped Leapingfox on the nose with her tail.

Leapingfox huffed and turned back to the pile, grabbing a fairly small mouse. He padded away with it, his teeth sinking into its flesh, towards some of their clan mates. 

Lavendersong snickered softly, before turning back to Tulipglare. 

"You awake now?" she asked, waving her paw in Tulipglare's face again. Tulipglare broke into a wild grin as an idea popped into her head, and tackled down Lavendersong's paw onto the grass with an alarming amount of aggressiveness.

"Ow!" Lavendersong yelped, jumping back and cradling her paw dramatically, "So not called for, that was rude!". Tulipglare laughed as she watched Lavendersong blowed frantically on her paw, rolling over on her side. Tulipglare's laughter slowed down, and she shook her head and looked away sighing softly, though not going unheard by her sister.

Lavendersong got up, her paw long forgotten as worry etched onto her face. "Hey, seriously though, are you okay?" she asked, frowning. She scooted closer and rested her face on Tulipglare's shoulder. 

"I'm fine," Tulipglare responded, "Just a tad tired. Aren't you?". She added in a fake yawn.

Lavendersong's tail swished back and forth. She stood up and stretched, blinking her green-grey at her "Maybe. Can't afford it though, I got a border patrol soon.". 

Tulipglare nodded, "You should probably get to that.". Her face suddenly morphed into a mischievous smile, "Unless you like my company THAT much. You know, I always knew I was the favorite sibling.". 

Lavendersong gasped, and put a paw up to her mouth "Well actually, I was just about to leave. How could you assume that I wasn't my favorite sibling?". She put on her best hurt face, but you could see a smile slowly creep onto her face.

"Have fun!" Tulipglare teased, dragging out the n. Lavendersong let her smile overcome her and strolled off towards a group gathering near the warriors den. 

Tulipglare watched as her sister slowly grew smaller in the distance, before turning away and sighing again. Wow, she really was on a sighing spree. Her ears then pricked up as she noticed a noise coming from near the elders den. She turned around to find her other sister, Birdtail, talking with their parents, Foggaze and Larkleaf. Larkleaf had her sweetest smile directed towards Birdtail as she discussed something with her, a smile that was only reserved for her. Even Foggaze, the known strict and cold elder, had a slight smile on his face as he watched them talk close by.

Tulipglare's blood boiled as she watched them, and she grew tense. She worked so hard to impress her parents, why did Birdtail get all the attention? Why was it always her? 'Perfect' Birdtail when Tulipglare did everything for them. Why didn't she get the sweet smiles from their mother, and instead got Larkleaf scolding and glaring at Tulipglare for even the tiniest mistake? Why didn't she get the warmth of Foggaze, and instead the harsh toned voice that became what he was best known for? She felt her claws sink into the soft ground. She forced herself to stare down at the grass, pretending that her family wasn't casually talking nearby.