A Familiar Scent

The first time these fox ears heard about the news, the woman is half intrigued and half disbelieved.

A warrior in the form of a small young girl, capable of defeating the Dragon of the East, Dvalin, one of the four winds of Mondstadt. Slaying the ancient god of the storm, Osial, and saving the nation of Liyue from getting erased from the map in the process, renowned as heroes by the two nations, all of them are just as unbelievable as it was intriguing.

But still, after hearing all of those accomplishments that mysterious person they call the "Traveler" have made, Miko couldn't help but to pray with all of her heart so that Inazuma will be the next nation the heroine will stop by, so that not only she could see first hand the appearance of the person her ears have listened to for the past few months, but also in hopes that she could lend her a hand in saving her dear friend from the isolation that she had put herself into. Day by day would the woman never ceases to at least spend an entire hour standing beneath the glorious Sacred Sakura Tree of this great Grand Narukami Shrine. Just so she could ease her mind as she waits patiently for that day to come, the day this long condensed desire would finally come true.

And it wasn't until a day before the destined day where Miko realized her big mistake. Her mistake for even having a speck of disbelief inside her heart.

The winds from afar had brought itself to the nation of eternity known as Inazuma. And along with it, came a familiar scent that Miko never imagined to have it entered her nose again. The way it tickled her sensitive nose, the pleasant feeling she felt at the back of her mind as the sweet sweet scent of the unknown entered her lungs. The scent that she remembers coming out from stands of bright coloured hair that belongs to a certain someone that she's unable to remember their face or voice at all. It is exactly what her subconsciousness told her, it was the scent of the stars, one that is the same one as the one she used to smell so much when she was around that person. The person that she used to love so much to the point of almost never leaving their side with each passing moment. The mysterious girl that Ei had told her stories about countless of times before, back when the two are used to live together before the woman had left her behind as she isolate herself from the rest of the world.

Thinking about the thought of having to finally meet that girl that has plagued her mind for the last 500 years has certainly filled Miko's heart with some strange emotions that she was unsure of. Was it happiness? Happy to finally have her wish came true? Not just her wish to save Ei, but also to meet that person that she loved so much again after so long? Or is she frustrated? Frustrated that this person has left her for so long without even saying a proper goodbye and forgetting about the promise that she had made back in the day? Miko doesn't know, the only thing that can answer her is when she saw that person again.

And so, that day came. A simple request was made for her to check whether or not the master swordsman from the local dojo had been possessed by an evil spirit judging from the way he acts, trembling and mumbling some random words that have some recognizable names on them. Knowing full well that the man is just one of the many victims of the Vision Hunt Decree that that puppet has foolishly declared, Miko knows better that it was merely another of many symptoms that came from having one's Vision forcefully taken away from them, no evil spirits involved whatsoever. But she supposed she could go and entertain them even if just a little. After all, it's not healthy for staying inside for so long, and also, the familiar scent is just outside of her doorstep, so the long-awaited person has finally arrived at her place.

If it wasn't for the fact that there are so people here, and that she doesn't want to act out of her character in front of them, Miko would've probably run outside and jumped into that person by now. But she quickly brush off the idea and decided to simply act like her usual self, concealing this euphoria accumulating inside her heart.