003 | yeonjun.

Ever since I regained my sight, I've been wandering alone

Ever since I regained my sight, I've been wandering alone. It was definite, as I couldn't let them know of my existence. I'm supposed to be dead, after all.

It had always been a one-man fight.

But today, I found an ally.

Although he looked completely baffled, I thought he would be good company.

His name was Choi Beomgyu.

I didn't know it at first, of course. When I observed him from a tower, I watched him look around perplexedly, squatting down to inspect the corpses around, like a curious little boy. I looked at him, and soon enough my mind drifted elsewhere, somewhere deep in my memory. I sigh as I make my way down the stairs.

I was definitely going to help him. I pride myself as a somewhat nice person, after all.

I grab a couple of spray-paint cans gathering dust at the corner of my room, and head north of the town.

He should have seen the Eye. In all probability, he would be searching for it now.

I climb up to the roof, and spot him. Of course, as expected, he started to venture for a way towards it.

Five minutes or so into the future, I could feel a headache creeping up the back of my head, it would see him.

Then...boom.

I shake my head, a desperate attempt to get rid of those thoughts. It would not happen again. Not under my watch, especially.

I see him roam around mindlessly, and I spot an alley a distance away from him. Is there where he's headed? I frown. He's doing everything to spur his death.

Before I knew it, my legs dashed forward, taking a shortcut to reach the alleyway before he did.

DON'T TELL THEM YOU CAN SEE!

That was my frantic attempt to steer him away from doing more stupid things. Before...they realise he is there.

Before they realise? It struck me. If he could see it immediately, then they could, as well. I hastily painted over what I had just written, attempting to block out the flashy words that were clearly visible to anyone.

I walked further into the alley, taking a right turn around the corner as I caught sight of the dead end. I knew they would see it sooner or later, but this would spare me — and the boy — some time to escape. The later they see it, the better, that is.

All is set. I took one last glance at the masterpiece I had left on the wall, and went into hiding on the roof of an indistinct shanty.

Just like what I had thought, he ventured into the alley, looking as confused as ever as he examined the little piece of advice I had left for him.