Giyuu Tomioka x reader - Nightmares

"Y/n!" Giyuu cried, feeling the scream tear at his throat. The look at horror in her eyes as she realised the demon had punched a hole through her chest. Blood spurted from the wound, wet and crimson. Giyuu dashed towards her, but it was already too late, the demon was gone and she was.... No. He refused do believe that. Kneeling down next to y/n, Giyuu took her in his arms gently. Tears started rolling down his cheeks as y/n clasped his haori with her bloodied hands. 

"No y/n stay with me, keep you eyes open for me, for me okay?"

But as every second passed, Giyuu, saw that y/n was struggling to stay awake, she opened her mouth to say something but instead a raspy cough escapes her lips. After a few moments of trying, she was finally able to whisper: 

"I love you Giyuu, and I always will. But you have to go on. Don't forget me".

Y/n's eyes closed as Giyuu sobbed. He felt like he couldn't breathe as he gasped for air. 

Why does everyone I love get hurt?

Giyuu woke up, bolting up in bed. He was panting heavily and was drenched in a cold sweat. As he felt at the corners of his eyes, he saw that tears were rolling from them uncontrollably. 

When he remembered his nightmare, panic seized him, and he scrambled around, springing up from his futon and swinging his door open, almost breaking it. He knew it was just a dream, and you were alright and safe, but he had to make sure.

Without even putting on his shoes he ran out of his room, straight towards yours. All the Hashira's were staying the night at headquarters, before leaving tomorrow for each separate mission. 

Without hesitation, he franticly burst through your door. He saw you grab your katana and point it at him, fear on you face until you say it was Giyuu, your expression immediately softening. 

"Giyuu, is everything okay?", you said, putting down your katana. Wordlessly, Giyuu walked towards you and wrapped his arms around you, tightly, as if you were going to disappear into thin air, tears threatening to start falling again. As you hugged him back you tried to figure out what had led to him behaving like this. Until suddenly everything made sense. 

"You had a nightmare?" Giyuu simply nodded, then softly said, "Can I get in?" You agreed and moved over in your futon, leaving space for Giyuu to slip under the covers. When you were both comfortable, you lay your head on his chest as he wrapped your arms around you, feeling his heart beating.  You knew that Giyuu found it hard to express his emotions, so instead of trying to get him to tell you what his nightmare was about, you just let him hold you until he had calmed down.

 However, a few minutes later, when you looked up, you saw he had fallen asleep. A few loose strands of dark hair from his ponytail hung around his face, and you softly wiped them away. Then, relaxing into his touch, you wrapped your arms a little tighter around him and closed your own eyes, lulled to sleep by Giyuu's presence. 

Word count - 509