Chapter One- Wilhelm

Heavy breaths filled the air as Simon and Wilhelm drew closer to one another. Wilhelms soft lips delicately traced simons marble skin, slowly moving up towards his ear, urgently breathing him in. They intricately felt one another, treating each other as if they were fragile glass. Sunlight streamed in through the window, bathing the lovers in a luminescent glow. Their soft lips pressed together, passionately conveying their desire...

Wilhelm woke to the bustling sound of vacuuming, snapping him out of his perfect nightmare. An exasperated sigh left him, as he realised his reality had returned to haunt him once again. Wilhelm pulled on a crumpled shirt, which had been strewn across the floor with his other belongings, blankly staring into space. His once pristine room had been turned upside down - leaving barely a space for Wilhelm on the bed. A sharp buzz pulled him out of his trance. Wilhelm snatched his phone from the bedside table, opening it to a message from his cousin August: "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!". He stared at the message in disgust, before tossing his phone back to it's original position.

The prince mindlessly trudged down the palace's wide corridors, barely acknowledging the maids he passed. He was heading straight to Erik's room, once again. He took a sharp breath in as he gently pushed open the door. Erik's room was exactly how it had been before he had passed. Framed pictures lined the pale green walls, displaying Erik's achievements and memories. The cream curtains concealed a large window, overlooking the beautiful palace courtyard. The perfectly made bed and Erik's jacket on display makes it look like the chamber had not been touched in a very long time. 

"Wilhelm, wait". His mother called from outside the room. Wilhelm stopped in his tracks, unmoving as he listned to the Queens pleading; "Wilhelm, please." She stood in the doorway, urgency creasing her tired features. Without looking back Wilhelm closed the door on his mother, who begrudgingly stepped back, defeated. "We need to talk" continued the muffled voice, "at least before you leave." The young prince ignored her, as he longingly stroked the shoulder of Erik's jacket. He stiffly drew the fabric over his arms, letting the jacket sit perfectly upon his body. Emotionless Wilhelm crossed his arms around himself, imagining his brothers caring touch. He closed his eyes as he inhaled the pure, floral, comforting musk. He pulled out a smooth metal case nfrom the inside pocket, running his fingers along the surface. Wilhelm tenderly opened the platinum catch, opening the case to reveal the words : "once a brother, always a brother".

He approached his brothers mirror, lovingly caressing the images of him and Erik dotted around the edges. The memories flooded back to Wilhelm, although his expression remained stone. Robotically he lifted up a photo and held it at eye level. It was a picture of Erik and August. His actions sharp and definite, Wilhelm moved a lighter toward the image, watching the dancing flame as it hungrily engulfed the corner in which August was placed. A dark shadow was cast over Wilhelms features as he watched his cousins face turn to ash. He pulled the lighter away, sinisterly catching his own gaze in the mirrors reflection. The prince's glinting eyes demanded revenge.