Concept Paper About STEM Strand

Concept paper about STEM strand

The government implemented the k to 12 program. It is an additional 2 years' worth of studies for students prior to going to college. This curriculum allows students to take a track that is related to the course that they want to pursue in college. The tracks that students get to choose from are: Academic, Technical Vocational-Livelihood (TVL), Sports, and Arts and Design. And there are strands under the academic track: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM), Humanities and Social Sciences (HUMSS), Accountancy, Business, and Management (ABM), and General Academic Strands (GAS). Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) is the most preferred strand by students. However, it is also one of the hardest strands out there. Why do students still consider taking it?

There are so many reasons why students choose Science,Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM), and these are: First, they have a peak interest in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Second, is a career path Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) is so versatile in nature, and it can take them on various courses, like health-related courses, engineering, and technological courses. In addition, if students decide to change a career path midway, it is the safest strand to take because students who take Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) as their strand are qualified to take most of the courses out there. Finally, just for fun. For example, in the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) strand, they will be conducting a lot of experiments and applications. In one semester, students will be working with cells and a variety of specimens under the microscope, and in the other semester, they will be working with electronics.

In conclusion, many students still take Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) even though it is difficult, because of its career path versatility and also because it is more fun in the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) strand.