How I met your mother

Or the time their kids wanted to know how Karan met their mother and he decided to show them the bigg boss clips

"Daddy, you never really told us how you and mumma met and fell in love."

It was a boring day, Karan was incharge of the house and the kids while Tejasswi was out for a full day shoot. He had just about managed to keep the house in order, bathed and fed the kids. They were all seated in the living room, lazying around, munching on Tejasswi's secret stash of blue Lays that she kept hidden from the children; when his first born Veer asked him the question.

"You wanna know buddy?" His eyes twinkled. He was waiting for a time when the kids would be old enough for them to ask this question. Theirs was such a public love story. Right from their first meet, to their proposal, everything was on record. Some would argue about the lack of privacy but he saw it as memories that would always be out there, whenever they wanted to revisit.

He quickly connected the smart TV and began showing his children some filtered out versions of their Ladies v/s Gentlemen interaction. He couldn't really show them the episodes yet as some of the questions, er, were not really appropriate for an 8 and a 3 year old.

"Wow mumma is so pretty." Veer looked at the screen dreamily. They were at the point when Tejasswi entered the panel and Karan waved at her.

"She is the most beautiful woman I've ever seen." Karan could feel himself go back to the past when he saw his wife for the first time. An eye contact that didn't even last more than a second, small interactions here and there but he could feel himself drawn to this slightly offbeat, weird but headstrong and opinionated woman in front of him. So much so that he couldn't even stop himself from staring at her every now and then.

"Haw papa, did you call mumma fat? You are not supposed to call a lady fat" their little Aranya quipped.

"Yes baby you aren't supposed to call anybody fat regardless of their gender but I was pulling your mother's leg. She looked so cute here." He ruffled her hair. She was only 3 years old but managed to talk like she was 30 already.

"Dad, is this when you fell in love?" Veer asked curiously.

"This is just the start. We were not in touch for almost a year and then we met on bigg boss."

And soon they had a little bigg boss marathon and so did their kids little commentaries in between. He ensured to skip and forward some of their uglier fights. They have never fought in front of their kids before and they don't intend to make them witness that ever.

"Daddy look at you always moving around mumma in circles."

"Look look mumma is staring at you too."

"That's Nishu chachu, he taught me how to say aaicha gawat" Aranya said excitedly as she saw her favorite uncle on the screen.

"He what?" Karan's eyes almost popped out of his sockets.

"Baby please don't say it in front of mumma okay? And if you do, please do tell her it was Nishant chachu who taught you that okay?" He just knew Tejasswi should know it wasn't his fault.

"Oh no, is mumma not talking to you?"

"Mumma is so pretty, am I pretty like her?"

Soon they started watching the episode of the LOVE captaincy task when Karan actually realized the depth of his feelings for her.

"What happened to mumma? Is she okay?" Veer frowned as he saw his mother coughing on screen.

"It was a prank? I got so scared. Why did she do that?" Veer's frown turned deeper when he realized it was just acting. No it wasn't funny to him at all. Karan smiled at his little boy. He was exactly like him.