Fig Cookie + deaf! child! Reader (platonic)

Fig Cookie was heading to a secret little safe spot in the forest, they had built that place as a sanctuary for animals and lost or hurt cookies, they were heading there after getting jellies from the kingdom and fruits from the forest to feed the hurt animals and a small cookie they found hiding in a house that was already in ruins.

As Fig arrived the child ran to them and hugged them, other animals soon started gathering around as well, the animals always know when Fig arrives because the kid always emediatly runs to them when they arrive.

When meeting the kid, Fig tried comunicating with them but they seem to only stare at them with their head tilted, but soon Fig realized they were deaf and apologized to them in sign language.

Fig put the food on a wooden table and asked the Y/N if they were hungry (in sign language), the child only nodded and Fig pet their head and gestured for them to sit down, they gave the child and the animals some of the food and sat down watching them eat peacefuly, Y/N then walked up to them and offered them some food, "aww, thank you wee fella'!" they said then remembered to use sign language to say it and also apologized to them for forgetting, the child just nodded and hugged them in return.

After lunch Y/N asked Fig if they could play in the forest and Fig allowed it as long as they didn't get too far from the sanctuary, the child nodded and ran off to play in the forest.

They were playing around and saw a cookie sitting on a log playing music to the animals around, they couldn't hear it but were still curious as to why the animals were around the cookie, they started aproaching slowly.

Clover could hear someone aproaching so as soon as he finished his song he turned around only to see a h/c hair child behind him, Y/N froze on their tracks and stared at the male cookie.

Y/N wanted to run away but couldn't, until Clover softly smiled at them, "hello there little one, are you lost?" he asked, the child simply used sign language to tell him they couldn't understand what he was saying, Clover realized this and used sign language to apologize to the kid, who simply nodded.

After some time, Clover heard someone calling for the child, "oh, seems like someone is looking for them" he said to himself as he got up and walked towards the kid and told them someone was calling for them before lending a hand out for the child who took his hand and led him towards where they had come from (Fig had forgotten they were deaf, once again).

They arrived to the place and Fig ran to hug the child who had apperantly been gone for hours without noticing (don't ask why :,>), Y/N then pointed to Clover saying he was the one who told them someone was calling for them, "oh, 'ello Clover Cookie! Thank you for bringin' 'em back and making sure they were okay!" they thanked him and the bard bowed in return, "my plesure, I was worried they might have been a lost child" Fig thanked him again and offered to let him stay for dinner, Clover accepted and stayed there playing with Y/N while Fig went to invite Herb and get food.

----
Another re-post, i'm deleting the other book o7