聲音馬賽克

eight.
mosaic of sound.

His name is spelled extreme, militarily, so he is born for greatness

His name is spelled extreme, militarily, so he is born to topple empires.

His name is spelled extreme, militarily, so he is born to be the best in his field.

His name is spelled extreme, militarily, so he is born to rise above.

He knows he is born for that sweet greatness because that's what his father tells him, his father is cold, his father is far away, like the arctic. Cold and distant. His father is right, though, he knows. When he was younger, he thought only those with Limitless could be so far away when they are right in front of you, but it doesn't work like that. 

His fùmǔ is far away, with a name spelled achieve, wealth, he thinks he oughta live up to that kind of legacy.  The kind his big brother is doing. His gēge is pile of stones, sharp, a warning. His mèimei is friendly, ambition; a promise. His name is extreme, military. His father said he's to join the guards in training practice, and so he does. He puts everything he has into military, it becomes extreme. He's living up to his name, just as his gēge did before him. His gēge is perfect, in the end, all sturdy shoulders and broad chest, a smile carved into a straight face that he can't quite do himself. He's extreme , all or nothing, his mā says so. 

He's not built to lead an empire, just to fight for it. His name is spelled extreme, militarily, so he is born to hand power to the ones he pledges his loyalties to.

(His mā says he's built for funeral pyres and worship of the gods of war. So he tries to pick out the good parts because nobody else'll talk to him except his mèimei and his mèimei is weak weak weak— he knows, his gēge says so and his gēge is always right, more than his father is—even though his gēge doesn't talk much and doesn't talk at all when fùmǔ is in the room, hovering over his shoulder; holding him like a shackle.)

So, he does what he does best, it's his namesake. His name is spelled extreme, militarily, so he is born to rise, he cannot afford to fall. He goes put, he's ten, eleven, twelve, big enough to be an adult, he's set up to meet his betrothed wife at fourteen and they expect an heir no later than fifteen so-he's old enough now. To mess around a little.

Eleven years old, he sneaks into the training dojo after dark and practices his motions like his teacher taught him.

His name is spelled extreme, militarily, so he is  soldier in smaller clothes.

To fight is to, as his mā says, worship gods of war, and he is sick of being a child of war; he's holding a spear against a training dummy. He runs around and attacks absentmindedly. It's almost natural, it must be, he has been training for two years.