Chapter 10

It's 6 pm and I got a text from Chase saying they were 4 blocks away.

"Y'ALL HIDE!"

Everyone hid real well, I shut the lights off and we waited for them to come in. The door opened and I heard voices.

"Why are the lights off?" I heard Ryan's voice. The lights flipped on and everyone jumped out and yelled "SURPRISE!"

I walked over and hugged Ryan, "You think you were gonna get by without a birthday party? Your birthday is on one of the biggest party nights of the year,"

He leaned down and kissed me, "I couldn't put it past you to not do something. I love you,"

"I love you too," I replied.

******

It was 10 seconds to midnight, and the ones who were left here, which was Ryan's sisters, his brother-in-law, Bubba and his girlfriend, Chase and his girlfriend, Joey & Brittany, Brad and Paige, and that was about it.

"3....2....1....HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

All the couples kissed, and Ryan, who was three sheets to the wind, kissed me so deep that he dipped me.

Once everyone left around 3 AM, it was just Ryan and I. I was sober enough to know that Ryan was in fact not sober one bit.

"Babe c'mon, let's worry about the cleanup in the morning. You need to go to bed," I said to Ryan.

He groaned, "Ugh but I don't wanna,"

"Blaney let's go." I grabbed his hand and dragged him up the steps with me.

He kept hesitating, "Good Lord, you're worse than a toddler,"

I finally got him into bed, not caring if he changed clothes or not. I just wanted his drunk ass to sleep. I put a bucket by his side, then went back downstairs, grabbed a bottle of water, put it by his side then put the ultimate hangover cure of Excedrin by his side.

I noticed he was passed out, took a pic of him, but didn't post it.

By the time I cleaned up the downstairs, and showered, it was 5:30 AM. I passed out on the couch, with Sturgill by my feet.

******

I woke up to cussing, and the sounds of NASCAR Heat. I opened my eyes all the way, and saw Ryan, Bubba and Chase playing NASCAR Heat.

"Y'all are loud," I sat up.

"And there awakes Sleeping Beauty," Chase laughed.

I threw a pillow at him, "Oof pillow abuse!"

I rolled my eyes, grabbed my phone and checked the time. "Y'all let me sleep til 5 PM!?"

"Sorry babe you looked peaceful," Ryan said.

Later on, Chase and Bubba left, I was sitting in the living room and Ryan was still playing video games.

I knew we only had a month left with each other all the time, before racing took over again.

"Ry?" I asked.

To my surprise, he paused his game.

"Yes, my lovely fiancee?" Ryan replied, pulling me on his lap.

I looked up at him, and he could tell something wasn't right.

"What's wrong?"

I shrugged, "Just nervous. The racing season is coming up we're both on separate teams. I don't want on-track things ruining what you and I have off-track,"

Ryan tilted my chin up with his finger, "No matter what happens on the track, it won't affect our personal lives. I wouldn't have asked you to move in with me, given you a promise ring then proposed to you two weeks later. Jessica I love you, nothing will ever change that."

Oh my god, my heart. He's so fucking sweet.

"I love you too, Blaney." I kissed him.

He smirked, shutting his Xbox off, tossing the controller aside.

Ryan pushed me on my back, and climbed on top of me, "You know what it does to me when you call me Blaney."

After all of that, we both fell asleep, butt naked on the couch.

This man was going to be the death of me.