Chapter 3.

When Charles arrived he was wearing a white button-down and a pair of black jeans. He was very handsome, indeed. Isabella had put on a black dress with a pair of converse, nothing too much.
"Nice accessories." commented Charles pointing to the band-aid.
"Oh, you mean this?" and she gave him the middle finger.
Charles pretended to be hurt and after, he raised his eyebrows smiling "Oh I see." he started "You think you're funny." He walked closer, arms crossed, chin raised high, trying to keep his smile. Looking down at her he said "I wouldn't dare if I were you."
Isabella, mocking him, crossed her arms too. "Are you threatening me?"
"I might be, yes, why?" he was teasing her.
"C'mon guys, let's get inside." Carlos said, turning his back to the other two and walking towards the entrance of the club. Charles and Isabella exchanged a look that meant everything and nothing, but mostly "what the hack is wrong with him?", and than followed Carlos inside.
The air was hot, and the dance floor was crowded. Bodies dancing around, couples kissing everywhere, people having fun. It was nice, and surprisingly, the music wasn't too bad.
"Guys i have to use the restroom." Isabella said and than proceeded to find it. When she was inside she stopped in front of the mirror and stared at herself for about thirty seconds — her hair was a mess, a big red mess, and it was written all over her face how tired she was —before someone said: "Oh my gosh, Izi, what are you doing here?" She turned around and saw the beautiful girl that had just talked.
"Cami!" she screamed "It's been ages!" and opened her arms to hug her. The girl did the same and kissed her on the cheek. Camila Diaz was a Spanish model who used to date Carlos and that Isabella had met years before. They used to be pretty close, but had lost touch when the red-haired had been away for a few too many summers. "What are you doing here?" Camila asked, excitement in her eyes.
"Just taking some time off, you know." answered Isabella, vaguely.
"You look beautiful, by the way."
"Thanks, Cami." she smiled.
"So," Cami started playing with her hair "Are you here with him?"
"Who? Carlos?" Cami nodded "Yes, he's here. I should probably head back. Do you want to come and say hi?"
Camilla shook her head "I think I'll pass."
"Got it."
"Bye, Iz, see you around." she left after giving her another kiss on the cheek.
Isabella looked at herself once more before leaving. She wasn't that bad, Camila was right, but she had been better. She took a deep breath and when she was about to leave her phone rung. She read the name on the display and ignored the call.
The light that was so bright in the restroom was replaced with the stroboscopic lights of the dance floor and the silence was replaced by the basses of the music. She made her way to the boys that were holding a drink.
"Izzy, do you want one?" asked her Carlos.
"Sure."
Carlos went to the bar counter to order her a drink and she was left alone with Charles. She could feel his eyes on her and was trying so hard not to look back at him. Until she couldn't anymore and did it anyway. "What are you looking at?"
"Did something happen?"
"Excuse me?"
"You look weird."
"Thanks?"
"I didn't mean it - " but he didn't finish the sentence as Carlos came back and interrupted him. "Here's your drink."
"Thanks Carlos." She took a sip of the drink, tasting the sweet yet sour liquid. Charles was doing the same while Carlos was looking around him. "I saw Cami." Isabella told him.
He stayed quiet for some seconds, nodding, before saying "Yeah I saw her, too."
Charles was listening to the conversation without interfering, looking first at Isabella and then at Carlos, who had a preoccupied look in his eyes, it was clear that something was bothering him. Then Carlos stop looking around and started staring somewhere behind Isabella. Charles followed his eyes and saw why his friend was clenching his fist. Camila was dancing with some random dude.
"Carlos.." started Charles. Carlos cleared his throat and moved his eyes to Charles.
"Guys, I'm tired. I think I'm gonna head back home." And when he saw that Isabella was about to tell him that they should have followed him, added "But you stay. Both of you. You deserve a night out." and then left.
Isabella looked at Charles and remembered how handsome was that night and how they were in the middle of a food-fight only a couple of hours before.
"Do you want to dance?" she asked him.
Charles was caught off guard from the question as he was lost in his mind, living again the moments with the girl. How easy had been to feel attached to her. Of course he wanted to dance with her, but he wasn't sure how things could have gone if he did. In that moment, tho, he didn't really care. He liked her, he liked the way she looked, the way she smiled, the way she talked. And he wanted to know what was worrying her so much. He didn't say anything back to her, he smiled playfully and took her hand, leading Isabella to the dance floor. And then there they were, dancing as fools, surrounded by bodies who were dancing more sensually. The lights were playing on Charles face , paining it as if it was an impressionist piece of art. Now, with the lucid eyes, due to the alcohol, the lights, the dance floor and the shirt, which had the top two buttons unbuttoned, he was even more handsome. And he was thinking exactly the same of Isabella. He took some time to look at her while she was dancing, completely lost in the music. Charles took a deep breath and slowly pulled the girl closer to him. His hands on her waist, and gently started dancing with her. Isabella, at fist surprised and shocked, let her self go and followed his moves. And there they were.
They had met just some hours before, and yet that simple physical contact was like a burning fire, for both of them. They smiled at each other and danced the night away. It was a nice feeling, thought Isabella, being touched by someone who didn't care what her career was, but just for the sake of it. She could have danced with Charles every night for the rest of her days. Or so she believed.
Charles moved closer, and Isabella had to lift her head to keep looking at his eyes. His breath was short, as if he had just run a marathon. He moved his hands from her waist to upper on the back and she put hers on his chest. Every second they were closer. And then something rung in Isabella's purse. The moment, just like that, ended. She had a boyfriend, sick worried about her. She had already run away without telling a soul, she couldn't cheat on him, too. She took a step back, stopped the contact and put out her phone. Again.
"Sorry, I got to take this." she told Charles, and walked out of the club.

n/a
So sorry that it took so long for this chapter to come out, but i have been super busy with school. I promise that next one won't take this long!