1

Max never wanted to go to law school, but his father had insisted. He had to 'be successful'. Max would rather become a car mechanic, but he really had no choice.

Law school brought lots of new people in his life, he had met George. They weren't really friends, they just knew each other. He also knew Charles, the man everyone had a crush on.

But Max wouldn't bother on hanging out with people. He liked to stay at home and play games with Lando, who lived in England. Max would love to move there. Lando had offered him a room months ago when Max still wasn't sure about what he was gonna do after high school.

His father broke the hope of maybe moving.

Today he only had one class to attend. He tugged on the sleeves of his hoodie. It had only been officially fall for a few weeks but it felt like it was freezing already.

He noticed everyone was packing up so he did the same, grabbing his backpack and shoving his laptop and books back in the bag.

"Hey mate!" Max froze at the sound. He couldn't quite place the voice of the person. He slowly looked up to find Charles standing there, George leaning against him.

"Oh hi." Max greeted back, biting his lip as he felt uncomfortable immediately.

"Wanna come with us to get some coffee?" George spoke, looking at Max with a smile on his face.

Max shrugged. "I don't really like-."

"Cool! Meet us outside the building." Charles already cheered, turning around, shoving George back before walking out of the room.

Max's eyes widened. He didn't really plan on hanging out with people today. Well, with Lando. He wanted to go back home, and play some COD with him.

When he stepped out of the building Charles grabbed his arm, pulling him to his own side. "We know this great place just around the corner. Have you ever been there?" Charles informed him, dragging him along.

Max shook his head. "Nope. I don't really-."

"Oh my god!" George suddenly screamed. Charles let go of Max's wrist and went over to George's side.

"What's up you idiot?" Charles wrapped an arm around George's shoulder, glancing at the phone George was holding.

Max looked a little lost, kicking at a stone that was laying in front his shoe. He followed behind the two while they were giggling about something on George's phone. He could probably just leave, the two wouldn't notice it.

His eyes caught the cafe the two were probably talking about. The two were still laughing while Max walked behind them.

"Hi!" Charles spoke up when they reached the desk to order at. "I would like a... hmm I should have thought about this." He said, scratching his head.

In the end it took Charles and George two minutes to order. Charles paid for them both and they walked away from the register.

Max frowned as he was left standing there, in front of the unfamiliar man. "You're with them?" The man asked. Max just shrugged as he does so often, but did nod.

"Sorry about that. That was a bit of a shit action huh." Max smiled a little at the man before looking back down at his feet. The man was right though, Charles and George just completely forgot about him.

"What would you like?" The man now asked.

"Oh uh, I don't really like coffee." He admitted, biting his lip in embarrassment.

"Alrighty." He chuckled. "I could get you some hot chocolate? Maybe even a piece of apple pie, on the house?"

Max looked up. "Hot chocolate please, no apple pie." He added the last part as silent as possible. He knew on the house meant he could get it for free, but he had to stay with his diet.

"No, take it Max! Daniel never offers people things on the house. Not taking it, is rude! We'll eat it for you." George was suddenly next to him, pretending like they were good friends once again.

"Oh... okay. I'll take it then." Max told the man, Daniel apparently. George patted his shoulder before walking back to Charles, in the corner of his eye Max could see them high-fiving.

"You don't have to. It's not rude not to take it, I'm sure those two just want it for free." Daniel reassured him.

"I'll eat some of it myself." He said. "I do like apple pie."

"Great!" Daniel beamed and clicked on some buttons to get his order right. Max paid with his card before walking over to the spot where the other two were standing.

"Oh my god Max, Daniel was so hitting on you!" Charles spoke up immediately, rushing over to Max's side, pinching his side.

"Yeah! He offered you free food." George added.

Max sighed and looked back to Daniel. The man was pretty, he had dark curls, soft eyes and some beautiful tattoos on his arms. "Why would he like me?" He asked them, just confused by the whole situation.

"Hmm, you're..." Charles started, looking him up and down. "In a need of style advice." He spoke.

George groaned, pushing Charles away. "What he meant to say is, you're cute, I guess. Not that I think that, but I can see him thinking that." He explained.

"Yeah... thanks." Max said, looking away in embarrassment. He wasn't sure if George seriously meant it, but he would take it for now.

"A hot chocolate!" One of the people behind the desk shouted, shoving the cup towards the crowd on the table.

Max bit his lip in embarrassment, because who orders hot chocolate in a cafe specialized in coffee. He walked over to the desk, grabbed his cup and rushed back to Charles and George, who sat down at a table for four.

"Where's the apple pie?" Charles asked, frowning.

Max shrugged. "I don't know." He sighed when he realized he didn't got the apple pie. "He was probably just joking with me."

Suddenly Max flinched when a plate was placed in front of him. "I would never joke about apple pie honey." Daniel stood there, next to their table with a huge grin on his face.

Max blushed, pulling the plate in front of him before Charles or George could steal it from him. "Thank you." He mumbled.

"George, don't steal it and Charles just don't even say anything." Daniel told them before turning around and walking back.

Max smiled down at his plate, having a weird feeling in his stomach while Charles and George shouted something after Daniel.