4

Max was late, like way too late. He missed his bus and was forced to wait another ten minutes. He had to find a spot in the lecture hall, luckily Charles was there, motioning for Max to come sit next to him.

Max carefully walked through the sea of people, trying not to hit anyone with his backpack. He finally sat down, dropping his bag to the floor, sighing almost too loud.

"Max is late. That never happens." Charles immediately commented, a smirk on his face.

Max rolled his eyes. "Thanks for that Charles, very helpful." He leaned down to open his backpack and grab his laptop. "Did I miss anything important?" He asked while turning his laptop on.

Charles shrugged. "I don't know." He reached out to grab his water bottle. "You know me, I never pay attention." He winked at Max before taking a sip of his water.

Max groaned. He found the courage to ask the person who sat on the other side of him. Apparently he didn't miss a lot, just a little information. Max was quick with typing them down, thanking the other student after that.

In the end he could have stayed home. There was barely any other important information he had to note down, it was mostly the stuff he got from the other student.

"Mate, I have a date." Charles suddenly told Max.

Max looked up from where he was packing his bag again. "What?" He frowned, trying to figure out why Charles was telling him this.

"Well, not a real life date. It's a call date, I don't know. He's cute, but he's from another country." Charles said.

Max nodded slowly. "Cool." He commented, not really knowing what to say to this.

"Bye!" Charles patted Max's shoulder before walking away from him, leaving the room.

Max stood there. He would never figure out how Charles' mind worked.

"Maxy!" Daniel rushed over to Max as soon as he saw the man sitting at one of the tables. "How are you doing?"

Max nodded. "Good good." He replied.

"Sweet!" Daniel commented, clapping his hands together. "Hot chocolate?" Max only had to nod before Daniel got to work.

Max grabbed his laptop and started studying. It's not like he had to do it, but he wanted to be prepared and keep up with all his work.

Daniel stood next to Max again in just a few minutes. "A hot chocolate for Maximus."

Max snorted. "Another nickname?"

"You know it!" Daniel winked at him while slipping on the seat next to Max. "Everything alright?"

"Sure." Max replied, looking sideways, at Daniel. "You?" He asked.

Daniel nodded before peeking a look at Max's screen. He narrowed his eyes. "What the hell." He commented.

"School." Max shrugged. 

Daniel hummed something. He waited a few more minutes before closing the laptop screen once again. "Wanna have dinner with me tonight?" Daniel asked.

"Uh sure." Max replied. 

"I was thinking maybe we could have dinner at my place. I work a lot but I can't afford to eat out every day."  Daniel offered him.