The Guilt

A/N: No doubt, Priya has taken some blatantly wrong decisions. Hiding the truth about Ishaan specifically cannot be justified. But atleast she has some guilt for the hurt she has caused Ram. She owns up to her mistakes and feels guilty about the same. She does not keep blaming others for things happening with her. She is not in an endless loop of self victimisation. Ram on the other hand, has taken his share of bad decisions as well. From not trusting Priya with his father's investigation case upon knowing the involvement of her family, to insulting her multiple times post leap. And he has zero guilt for the same. In fact, he blames her for everything wrong in his life. The show has really become only about him and his glorified miseries. It's honestly infuriating to watch him in most scenes.

Ram "Sunshine, Caring, Gentle" Kapoor has been nothing but mean, rude and brutal to the mother of his child. On most occassions, he fails to show even basic decency to her. And then he claims to love her. I have never despised a character as much as I despise Ram. To think he was my comfort character. I just hate the writers for turning him into a shallow, ungrateful, money flaunting person that he is today. He doesn't even spare a thought for his friends now, unless ofcourse he needs them.

This has Ram finally thinking from Priya's point of view. The beginning of his guilt trip. If you don't like the idea of Ram thinking or being compassionate, I'd suggest you don't read this. I'm in no mood for any arguments about who was right, who was wrong and who is to be blamed for what. Constructive criticism is always welcome though.

This OS continues from the current track. Ram knows the truth about Pihu. Pihu and Priya are living temporarily with Ram in KM till they work out a permanent solution about how to co-parent.

For the sake of my sanity, for the storyline of this OS and to save the last teeny-tiny bit of respect I have(had) for Ram, Ram spiking Priya's drink DID NOT HAPPEN. Neither did Priya decide to save him after he ousted her and his friends from his house after he got to know the truth about Pihu.

.

.

One heated argument led to another, and once again Priya was being publicly insulted in the hall of Kapoor Mansion. This time, Nandini, Shubham and Vedika left no opportunity to humiliate her. From comparing her with Mahendra Sood to mocking her for her failed marriage, they threw every taunt, every insult her way that they could think of.

And once again, Ram was a silent spectator to all this. As much as he did not like the words being used for Priya, there wasn't anything he could say to his weeping Mom, who was still recovering from the tragic loss of her daughter.

Neither did Priya say anything. What could she possibly say? Most of the things being said to her were true. She had failed to protect Shivina. She had failed to be a good wife. She had kept her daughter away from her father for five long years. There was hardly anything she had to say in her defence. She knew how manipulative Nandini, Shubham and Vedika were. How they had Ram wrapped around their fingers. How they had no remorse whatsoever for the death of Shivina, and were just using it to emotionally abuse Ram. Yet there was nothing she could say or do to protect the love of her life. She had tried to make him see the truth multiple times, but he would never listen. And rightly so. Why would he believe her, after all that she had done to him? Irrespective of whether or not she would ever be able to convince Ram about the truth of his family, she had made up her mind to stay in that house. She could not keep him away from Pihu anymore. Which meant Pihu staying in the Kapoor Mansion. Around Nandini. Priya could not leave Pihu alone in that house, with Ram unaware about the true intentions of his family. She could not risk Pihu's well being. She had to stay with her in that house. And to continue doing that, she had to play it safe around Ram. She was well aware of his temper, impulsive behaviour and rash decisions. She could not be on the receiving end of it once again.