Link-4, A Breath of Corrupt Air

"Maaaaan, that was rough!" Fuki said with a stretch as he walked out of the closet.

"If we didn't get Tempest's Beginning we would have been ash by now," Windy said with his eye on Fuki's duel disk per usual.

"You did great! I managed to get some data from that Hanoi member!" Kusanagi said with a smile patting Fuki on the head.

"Hm hm. What kind of data did you get?" Fuki asked sitting down next to a still asleep Yusaku as he placed his duel disk next to hers again.

"Take a look," Kusanagi said taping on his keyboard causing the screens to show a Timer with 22 hours and 27 seconds on it counting down.

"A timer..." Windy muttered.

Fuki reached into his pocket and started to swirl his two baoding balls.

".....Is this all we got?" Fuki asked.

"This came with it," Kusanagi said showing Fuki and Windy some coordinates for inside LINK VRAINS.

"We have a day to go to these coordinates and if we do then Blue Angel will possibly be saved...?"

"That's the assumption we have to make."

Fuki let out a sigh, wondering if the Knights of Hanoi would even hold up their end of a 'deal' like this.

"I'll do it."

Both Kusanagi and Fuki looked at the now awake Yusaku in surprise.

"I'll go to the coordinates and deal with Hanoi."

"Hey hey, we need to look into this more first! Let's give it until tomorrow morning before you rush into a trap like someone else did," Kusanagi said shooting an accusatory side glance at Fuki.

"O-Oi, don't give me that look!"

He turned to Yusaku for support only to get a dissapointed blank look from her.

"You too?!? Aaaaaah...." Fuki deflated back into his chair.

"You can't blame them, it was indeed reckless." Windy said.

"Even my partner is against me... this is the worst!!!"

Fuki and Yusaku were walking home, both with their bags in hand.

"Hey, mind if I ask something personal?" Fuki asked.

"Sure."

"Why do you fight? I know that we were both part of that but I'm mostly just doing this to help you and Kusanagi."

Yusaku closed her eyes for a moment before responding.

"There are three reasons why I fight. First, to regain my memories of that time. Second, to learn the truth about then and connect the moments of my life. Third, to find the person who talked to me during that time. If they're still captured I must help them."

"Huh. That's a hell of three reasons, heheh."

"What about you? You must have another reason than just to help Kusanagi and I."

Fuki looked down at the ground. What was his reason? Why is willing to risk himself for people he met less than two months ago?

"I uh... I don't know."