Are you okay?

Kate POV

Will holds my hand which is wet from my tears. I've been crying off and on ever since we found out about Meghan's miscarriage a day ago. I wanted to come the second Harry hung up the phone with us but Will stopped me by  motioning to our three kids who were peeking their heads around the study door, wondering what was going on with their Auntie Meghan and Uncle Harry who they heard crying on the phone. I looked at my husband before telling our two princes and our princess that Mummy and Daddy had to go to California to help Auntie Meghan and Uncle Harry with Archie. They immediately asked if they could come with us to see their aunt, uncle and cousin too but Will and I said no and called my parents to watch them for a few days while we were with our brother, sister and nephew. Me and my husband were packing when the first wave of my tears came rolling down my cheeks. Will instantly took me in his strong arms and held me, cooing in my ear that we'd all be okay. The goodbyes to our kids had brought a new wave of tears and so had the phone call to Harry and Archie on the plane, Meghan was in bed, refusing to move.

The car Harry had sent to pick us up from LAX pulls up in front of their new house. Me and Will were out of the car instantly and scooping up our 1 year old nephew, holding him close to us. After hugging and kissing Archie, we hugged a grieving Harry who sobbed into his older brother's neck, grieving for his unborn child and his distraught wife. I excuse myself and walk into the house, not taking it in, instead I walk up the stairs to the master room where I know my sister will be. I open the door and sigh as I enter the dark room. Curled up into a ball on her side of the bed, wearing Harry's hoodies and clutching one of Archie's stuffed animals and a sonogram of her un-living second baby, is Meghan with tears rolling down her face.

"K..Kate?" My crying sister asks, she looks at me with her brown eyes. I feel my own eyes filling up once more as I slip off my flats and walk over to my sister and crawl into the bed beside her, cradling her in my arms, my head on hers as we just cry together: her for the baby she's lost and undoubtedly blaming herself for what happened and me for my grieving sister, brother and nephew who has no idea why Mummy and Daddy are so upset.

"Why did this happen to us?" Meghan asks, I sigh and shake my head, I wish I had all the answers for her, but I don't.

"I don't know, Meghan, I really don't." I tell her. We're lasp into silence, both of us silently crying in each other's arms until the door opens to reveal the guys, Archie in Will's arms. Our husbands give us sad smiles as they join us on either side with Archie crawling to Meghan and opening his arms to her.

"Thanks for coming, guys.'' Meghan says, looking at me and Will with a small smile on her face as she sits up, smile gives her a smile of his own and kisses her forehead.

"Anytime, sis, you know that." My husband tells her, Archie suddenly squeals as Harry turns on the TV and The Octonauts, his favourite show, comes on. Meghan puts the sonogram in her bedside drawer and leans against Harry's chest with Archie on her lap. Will and I both smile at the couple who are watching TV with their son.

It's going to take time, but I know that in the end, my sister, brother and baby nephew will be okay.

Sometimes you just have to ask one simple question: are you okay? And simply hold someone until they feel a little bit okay.

Meghan, Harry and Archie are going to be okay.

A|N: I know it's not my best work and it's really short but it's 0225 in the UK right now.

Enjoy.