Cannon

Steven POV

when we round the corner of the mountain we see Amethyst hurdling through the air at a giant eye in the sky.

Steven: woah! What is that?

Y/n: it appears to be an observation device.

Pearl: which is why we need to destroy it!

Amethyst is seen in the background crawling out of the ocean as Garnet picks her up to throw her at the "eye" again.

Steven: well how do we do that?

Pearl: the cannon! Rose's cannon!

Steven: my mom had a cannon?

Pearl: yes, she used it in the war, it must be somewhere safe, where she wouldn't forget.

Steven: oh! I know where it could be!

Pearl: alright, you and Y/N go get it! Hurry please.

Steven: alright! To the storage block!

Y/n picks me up and jumps over the mountain into the city.

Y/n: where is the storage unit?

Steven: we need to find my dad first!

Y/n's head then snaps to the car wash as he lands and jumps to the building.

We land with a crash as my dad runs out to see the road completely destroyed.

Greg: what happened to the road!?

Y/n: Gregory universe. You need to follow me.

Steven: we need to get into the storage vault!

Greg: ok, let me get my key-

He is cut off by y/n grabbing both him and me and jumping to the storage unit.

Greg: whoaaaaaaaa!

Steven: weeeeee!

Y/n lands and we all run to our storage vault.

Greg: I don't have the key.

Steven: well how are we-

I was cut off by the sound of scraping metal.
Y/n just tore the door off.

Greg: oh no, how much is that going to cost to fix?

Y/n: I'll deal with it later. Steven retrieve the cannon.

Steven: ok! I'll tie a rope around my waist and when I tug you pull me out!

Y/n simply nods as I finish the knot and climb through all of the clutter.

3rd POV

Steven: wow, my dad is a pack rat, there is so much stuff here!

After a few minutes of crawling through various objects that any father should have, he finds a pink, rose-shaped cannon.

Steven: coool! Alright I found it.

He latched on to the cannon and tugged on the rope. Outside y/n yanks the rope, and with minimal effort, everything that resided in the storage container has been removed, including Steven and the cannon.

Steven: alright let's get this to the beach!

Greg: I don't know if my van can carry that.

Y/n just picks it up and grabs Steven.

Y/n: I'll be back to help fix the door.

And with that he jumps over to the beach. Once they land Steven sees that the "eye" is much closer than before.

Pearl: hurry! The cannon, fire it!

Steven: I don't know how!

Pearl: just touch it and think about it firing!

Steven places his hand on the cannon and focused on getting it to fire, after a few seconds his gem starts to glow, and the tip or the cannon unravels as it also glows.

Steven: YES, YES, YES!

The cannon then flickers and shatters into countless fragments.

Steven: NO, NO, NO!

Pearl: Steven! What happened?!

Steven: I don't know! I didn't mean to break it!

Y/n: it is alright Steven that cannon was ancient, it's a wonder we found it in one peace.

Pearl: well how are we going to stop that thing?!

Y/n scans the broken cannon. And turns to the "eye"

Y/n: everyone get behind me. I don't know how powerful this bast will be.

They all scramble behind him as his faceplates open again and the inside of his "mouth" begins to glow a blood red, but if flickers for a second.

Steven: come on y/n! You got this!

Just as he said that, an ungodly amount of pure energy flowed freely out of y/n's face, erasing the "eye" and anything behind it.

Steven: yay! You did it!

The stream of energy did not falter however.

Steven: uh, y/n? You got it, you can stop now.

Y/n's body began to shake as the stream grew in power. The sand around his feet began to melt from the heat his body was producing.

Pearl: y/n! Stop!

Y/n's body began to falter as the flow of power was cut and he fell to the ground with a heavy thud. Surrounded by molten glass.

Amethyst: whoa! Is he alright?

Garnet: why can't I see it?

Pearl: Garnet? Are you ok?

Garnet: I can't see his future?

Pearl: what?

Garnet: why can't we see it?

She backs away and walks into the beach house. As Amethyst picks up
Y/N.

Amethyst: AAAAAAAA!

Pearl: what's wroAAAAAAAAAA!

Amethyst: AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Steven: why are you guys screaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Y/n's faceplates we're melting off and the inside of his head was showing.

==========================

Man, I love cliffhangers.
Another chapter complete and it didn't take that long this time! Hope y'all enjoyed it, I'll see you later!