One Kiss (TayNew)

In this modern day, people still fall in love in the most cliché way. Love at first sight . But Tay doesn't. He doesn't believe in such things. Butterflies in the stomach? Sparkling eyes that only one can see? Tay wants to throw up. He doesn't fall in love easily. His friends call him an emotionally constipated person but they don't know he also gets infatuated. But that's just it. Falling in love, especially at first sight, is the least thing Tay can do.

One night, Off, along with his boyfriend Gun, invited Tay to come with him to the club. Off knows Tay doesn't want flashing lights, loud music, hard drinks, and, most of all, people in general. But Off took the last straw, and, miraculously, Tay agreed.

"Why did I even agree to this?" Tay asks himself, sitting on the couch reserved for Off and his pals. Tay knows them, he's included in Off's circle even though he's the most quiet person ever.

Earth, Mix, Arm, and Alice are here as well. They are surprised, as expected with their reactions, to see Tay with them. Tay only shows up during coffee invites and lunch outs. He'd rather choose those than be in a club filled with drunk people.

The reason why Tay wants to tag along is because he wants to unwind. Work has been stressing him and it's biting his ass so he doesn't want to deal with that. And he can't sleep. Probably three consecutive days now. Well, it's not new that he doesn't sleep much, but he's just really exhausted at work. He can't pull out anything from his mind that can be suitable for what he's writing.

Tay is a novelist. Usually he's writing fantasy, but now he wants to try romance. He has already started his work but it's lacking. He knows it. He doesn't know how to fill in the empty details because he's inexperienced in romance. He wants to ghost his work but he can't. He doesn't want to waste anything especially when it comes to writing. But how can he do that?

Tay stands up from his seat and excuses himself to the bathroom. His head is spinning because of the noise coming from the loud music and from the people having fun. Fun, my ass . How can people even have fun from this thing? He'd rather sit on his couch and read an entire book without anyone interrupting him. But he can't back out from this, he's already here for an hour. He might just endure it for the entire time Off gets drunk.

"Oops, sorry," someone tells him upon bumping into his shoulder. He looks at the man and sees his glowing white skin and tantalizing eyes.

New Thitipoom Techaapaikhun . He thinks. The man whom all girls and boys fall for. They all fall in love with him at first sight, but not Tay. Tay thinks this man is too hype for everyone to fall for. He admits he looks good, knowing he has a great physique and pretty eyes, but that's just it.

"You're Tay Tawan Vihokratana, right?" New asks him, Tay nods, "It's a pleasure to finally meet you, I'm New Thitipoom Techaapaikhun."

Huh? Tay thinks, "How did you know me?"

New chuckles, "I've heard a lot from you from Off. He always talks about his best friend who doesn't really like meeting people," he smiles, "You don't join him in his clubbing, right?"

Tay nods, "It's not like I don't want to meet people. I just don't like huge crowds."

"I understand, that's me, too. Well, before I met them. I usually just go to a library to read a book or two." New utters, making Tay feel his cheeks get heated, "I also don't drink that much. A shot or two won't kill me but that's just it. I don't want my friends to end up crawling on their way home,"

New invites him to one of the empty couches so they can talk more. It's weird for them to talk outside a bathroom stall, right? Tay follows him without any hesitation. Somehow, he's comfortable with New, not that he isn't with their other friends. But there's something in New that he couldn't explain.

"What do you do for work?" Tay asks, making New smile as he starts to feel that Tay is interested in his presence. New has done the talking for almost half an hour, Tay just nods or utter minimal replies. New understands him, of course he's still a stranger to him.

"I don't look like it but I'm an engineer." New drinks his orange juice, "Well, in the morning I'm a university instructor as well. I hustle a lot."

"Really, you probably have so much time." Tay compliments, New shakes his head in reply, "I see. You also have a lot of bills to pay, or not? I thought you were filthy rich like what these dorks say."

New laughs, "What made you think I am?"

"You're popular among people though. And I've heard you own a firm and some properties. I haven't met you personally either, or we don't bump into each other whenever Off invites me for lunch out." Tay paused, realizing he's said so much, he apologized to New.

"Oh no, it's okay. I like your company. I mean.. Not that I hate them, it's just that.. I don't understand, I feel comfortable with you." New looks at him with awe, "It's nice to meet you and talk to you right now actually."

Tay feels warm inside and he smiles too, "I don't usually talk to people other than Off, but, likewise, I'm comfortable with you too."

The two talk about their lives, work and everything they do in their everyday lives. Tay doesn't mind opening himself tonight to New, who happens to be someone, almost, like him. The way New talks about himself amazes Tay. He jokes a lot but that's just to not fall into deep sap during their conversation. They might end up crying tonight, New says so.

One thing that hit them both right on the spot is their fondness for travel (and nature). Tay reveals to New that he owns a secret account that no one knows of. The said account contains photographs of Tay's secret adventures alone, as he loves to travel on his own and take photographs of everything around him. New, on the other hand, also tells Tay he's fond of traveling too. Aside from looking at the beautiful nature, New also likes to travel for food. This makes Tay chuckle and thinks New is so cute for that.

New shows Tay a photo of a gray cat he saw in Seoul, "Tay, look! This kitty was the cutest thing I've ever seen. When I walked out of my apartment there, I saw him outside the building. I've been feeding and petting him whenever I get the chance to see him. He looks grumpy but he's like the gentlest and softest bub ever. He's sweet."

"That's so cute. You are fond of cats, huh? Do you want me to bring you to that cat café near where I work?" Tay says, not realizing that he said something that shouldn't be said.

New looks at him, "So you want us to meet again?"

"Well if you want to." Tay smiles, "I mean, are we friends now or something...?"

New puts away his phone and looks at Tay straight into his eyes. Tay, however, feels like he's hypnotized. New slowly closes the gap between them and breathes near Tay's lips, "It's too sudden, but I'd like to choose 'something'. Is that okay, Tay?"

Tay nods. As if on cue, New kisses him. After a while, when it sinks in, Tay closes his eyes and kisses New back. So this is what it feels like. To be kissed by someone.

When the two ran out of air, they pulled away.

Tay can't look at New straight to his eyes, while New looks at him with awe.

Is this how it feels like? That thing they called love? But it's not at first sight. But love at first kiss.

One kiss, that's all it takes.

One kiss, you're all I need.

One kiss, I didn't see it coming.

One kiss, it changed my world.

One kiss, I'm in love with New Thitipoom Techaapaikhun.

- END -