2💀

So I rushed sort of rushed the first chapter, maybe because of anxiety, it's been long I posted here so...

I'm dedicating this chapter to inlovewithdwestwind, she just sorta encouraged me  to continue this book❣️

Don't forget to vote and leave a comment♥️
13 years ago
                 There is a God Charlene prays to a lot. She says she loves that God and that He is the God mum and dad worshipped before dad turned to a bad man. Charlene sometimes tells me stories of dad and mum before Alice, I and Fred were born. She tells me that dad and mum were poor and sometimes she and Jordan complained a lot and now she realizes she and Jordan may have pushed dad to become the bad man he is now. She also told me that she thinks it is not dad that is control of his body. I do not understand ninety percent of the story she tells me. She even tells me that she and Jordan got a chance to play a lot when they were younger unlike now that I, Alice and Fred do not have the opportunity to play.
                    Fred is my junior brother. The night dad pushed mum against the dining table, she gave birth and was named Fredrick. I try taking care of Fred a lot because I feel guilty that Fred is not raised the proper way a child is meant to be raised.
                      Dad became a serious monster and even killed Mr. Dickson, because he attempted to save me when I was told by dad to kneel on standing pins as punishment. Dad shouted the more and did not give me special treatments anymore, but Alice was still mad at me for taking her ‘Daddy’ away from her for a while.
                        At least, she had a reason to hate me, but I did not understand why Jordan hated me so much. He hit me anytime he had the opportunity to do so and made me feel sad every time as well.
                       On a certain week, dad decided to punish us by not giving us food the whole week because we did not come for breakfast early on the previous Sunday morning. You might wonder how I was able to keep track of time. We had a clock and a calendar in the living room and dad made sure to tick the days that had passed.
                         Dad had given us this punishment several times, and when he did, Jordan or Charlene would sneak out to get food and I got my share. Alice preferred to be daddy’s girl and starve or sometimes she would haunt anyone who tried to steal food from the kitchen and report to daddy. Daddy will punish that person and give her food. So whoever goes out to hunt for food does not only hide from dad and mum (who would always freak out and let dad know), the person also hides away from Alice.
                           Days passed by and no one went to get food. I guess we were all scared. On the night of the third day, when Charlene was asleep, Jordan came to the corner I was laying and tapped me hard on my shoulder.
                              I jerked up quickly from the bed. ‘’Get up now, go to kitchen and get us food. You have been pampered more than enough. You are five years now. You should learn to be brave and stop being a liability to Charlene and me.’’
                             From the way he talked, it seemed as though he did not want to wake Charlene up. The three of us stayed in the same room while Alice, mum and Fred stayed in another room. Dad stayed alone unless he needed company.
                              I nodded my head. Although, Jordan was harsh, he was right. I needed to start being strong for myself and for the entire family. I slowly walked out of the room. ’This is night and everyone should be asleep now’ I thought, making sure I was careful and quiet while heading to the kitchen. The kitchen door was opened when I entered. I walked into the dark kitchen quietly and hid behind the table in the kitchen when I realized someone else was in the kitchen.
Oh no!
                             I peeped to see it was mum probably getting something for her and Fred because they were the only ones exempted from the punishment. She left the kitchen in minutes and I hurried over to the fridge. This should be easy.
                             I picked a lot of food and was about to leave when the light came on. I saw dad by the doorway looking at me with a fury while Alice face glistened with a smirk. I knew that right there, that I was toast.
                           “What are you doing here?” he roared.  I wondered Jordan ad Charlene gave as their excuse when they were caught but I am sure dad already knew all the excuses by now so I could not lie. I was caught and there was no amount of excuse I could give that could save me. 
                             “I…. I…..”