Perfect Size

The Bigger You Are The Bigger The Heart That You Hold

BokutoXChubbyReader

"Did you hear? Bokuto-Kun is in a relationship!"

"No way! So those rumors about him and y/n-chan are true!"

"There's no way that Bokuto-Kun would like someone like y/n-chan. She's so... big."

"That's so mean, Haru-chan!"

"It's true! Did you see how she ate her lunch today? It was like watching a baby eat spaghetti. It was everywhere!"

"I saw that. It was all over her uniform as well. So disgusting! I'd be embarrassed if I was dating that."

"I swear she's gotten bigger since last year. She might not see it, but I most certainly can."

"If y/n-chan doesn't do anything about her weight, she's gonna burst."

"With the way that she's going, it could be any second."

"Instead of being in the book club, she should have joined the sumo club."

The two girls let out a laugh as they finished washing their hands before exiting the bathroom. Little did they know that they weren't alone. In the last stall of the girl's restroom, was me.

I sat on the toilet, hunched over, hands covered my mouth fearing that the two girls would hear my silent cries.

Is that what they think of me?

Is that what everyone thinks of me?

Is that what... Kou thinks?

Standing to my feet, I peeked out the door opened to see if the room was empty. Without even glancing in the mirror, I could tell that I was a snotty, teary-eyed mess. I should be used to it though.

The comments and insults were always the same. Too big, eats like a pig, will never get a man.

This time was different.

When I started dating Koutaro, it was the very opposite. His words were full of encouragement and love.

He would call me 'Bubo-chan' as a nickname just because it was the largest species of owl. It kinda pissed me off at first then he explained how majestic they were, almost eagle-like. The twinkle in his eye made me just go along with the nickname.

For the next 2 months, he would come running into my classroom saying stuff like 'Bubo-chan, it's lunchie time!' or 'Hey! Hey! Hey! Bubo-chan, want to watch me during volleyball practice!'

He is the biggest adult child I've ever met. His goofiness always puts a smile on my face. I was quickly falling for him and it kinda scared me.

Glancing into the mirror, I took a look at my face. A sigh escaped my lips. I was a snotty teary-eyed mess. There was even sauce on my face and uniform.

Just like they said...

A wave of doubt filled my mind. My eyes glanced down at my figure.

Why?

Why couldn't I have the same figure as those girls?

I wouldn't say I'm as big as sumo but I also wouldn't say that I'm a size 2. I'm only a size 14! Though I guess to a size 2, that's huge.

My hand grazed my stomach poking it. I felt a little disgusted. I've tried everything. exercising, dieting, even considering getting surgery. Nothing seemed to work. So I grew depressed and resorted to the only thing that made me happy