3

When I walked to the bus station with dark circles under my eyes I saw my best friend Meghan waiting for me and she stopped the busdriver because he was just about to drive away from me. I began to run, but a guy turned around a corner just at that moment I ran past. We crashed together and fell on the ground, causing my bag to throw out all my books and papers. Crap. I looked at him, he had brown wavy hair,  and olive skin. His dark hazel eyes met mine and first they were full off happiness but were quickly swept away with the look of pain. I looked down at his legs and saw his left knee was covered in blood. I almost threw up. I could feel his gaze at me when I took my scarf off and swung it tightly around his bleeding knee. He winced a bit when I made a tight knot on the end of the scarf and looked up at the bus as it drove away from us and Meghan's face when she made a face and mimed "Sorry". I looked around to see all of my papers just laying all over the place and started to stack those I could get from were I sat. The air got filled with awkwardness when we looked at each other and he started to mumble:"Oh.. I'm sorry... I'm so clumsy I should have just looked where I was going I didn't mean to hurt you or anything" I quickly said:" I think it is me who's supposed to say sorry. I tried to help, but I'm not very good around blood if you know that feeling" flashing a little nervous smile. "Oh, and where are my manners, my name is Noah" The boy said. I reached out to shake hands "I'm Natalie, nice to meet you". Noah stood up and held his hand out to pull me up. I used my already pulled out hand to get up with his help. When we stood there just standing awkwardly holding hands too close he coughed and took a step back leaving my hand cold. "Does your leg hurt much?" I asked. "Only a little but I'll get over it. Thanks for helping me with the scarf like that,  you didn't have to"  he answered before looking up at the empty parking lot for busses. "I'm sorry you missed your bus" he said but his eyes told me a different story.  Happiness and relief was shown when he looked at the empty parking lot. What a weirdo.

Half of the way to school our conversation was formal and awkward.  When he started to make a weird expression every time he stepped on his left foot I started to worry a little. It's not often boys show how they feel unless it's very bad. I took his arm around my shoulder and said: "just lean over at me, I think it help with the knee. I'm not a person who dies just when I need to lift 2 kg. " with a smile. He glances at me and mumbled something like: "ok Thanks I guess" I just smiled because of his warm arm and some of his hard stomach touched my thin sweater.  When we arrived at school we were 5 minutes late.  I instantly sped up, but he coughed to get my attention and pointed down at his knee with a lifted eyebrow to say like" well, you can't just walk away from me " I sighed and walked back to him,  while he stood with his arm up in the air to show me I should go close to him and help him, I did and he let his arm down on my shoulder again.  I snaked my arm around his waist and he looked a bit surprised but didn't say anything.  I was happy with the silence.

**

Hi guys!! Thank you for reading this book!  I know it wasn't exactly the most exciting chapter, but it needed to be there because it's important in the next part or something. I think I'm just coming up with some bad excuses right now.. Okay, bye!

Oh,  and don't forget to leave a comment and vote!! It makes me happy! :D

-becca