Day 2: Haunted events and Zombie Pets

Day 2: Haunted Events and Zombie Pets

The full moon peeked over the top of the buildings as darkness cloaked the streets. Only the flickers of flames and flashlight lit the path. The roar of chainsaws drowned out the sound of screams as people fled away from their attackers. Men laughed as their friends scurried away from the fiends doused in blood and other unrecognizable fluids while women shrieked then laughed as their conversations were interrupted by a cloaked figure lunging at them from the shadows.

It was utterly boring.

"If I may, what demon are you intending to mimic," Aeron questioned the actor who was snarling and lunging at him in a failed attempt to frighten him. "Based on the coloring, placement, and shape of your horns, I would say you are a nightmare demon even though you are quite small compared to their 8 foot frame. And while you have the temperament of a grief demon, you smell like a crypt demon."

Although his face was securely hidden behind his mask, the actor's frustration showed through his stiffened shoulders and rigid spine. With one last swipe of his hand, the demon cosplayer roared once at Aeron and limped away towards an unsuspecting group of pre-teens that had slipped away from their parents. Their ear-piercing screams set off a roar of laughter among the other patrons and seemed to help the actor soothe his bruised ego."

"Hmm must be a lethargy demon."

Fortunately, the other actors seemed to sense that Aeron would be a worthless target and left him to wait for Harper's eventual return in peace. Hell could benefit from paying more attention to the human world; the women's restroom is the ultimate test of patience and self-control. And the frequency in which humans need to relieve themselves is utterly ridiculous. The fact that women also have to deal with blood as well as the remements left behind after their body has leeched the nutrients out of their consumables...truly evil.

"Hmm maybe I could design a punishment room for the misogynistic men that is based on the 'women's restroom'. There would be blood of course. Oh, and perhaps an eternal line.But how to recreate the fear of..."

"Hey, I'm back!" Harper jogged over, dodging a hoard of giggling girls heading into the bathroom. The eternal line continues. "Did I miss anything exciting?"

"Just an actor who was doing a poor imitation of a lethargy demon."

"Lethargy demon? Are you saying that the reason I'm so tired is because of a demon?"

"Unlikely. My presence alone would be enough to scare other demon's away from you. Most likely you experience fatigue is that the human body is both strangely incredibly weak and also very resilient. You all can endure many dangers and trauma but a single change in routine can also cause your body an unproportionate amount of discomfort. It is fascinating to observe how your bodies work."

"...I'm not sure if that was supposed to be a compliment or an insult."

"Perhaps it is both."

"Suuure. We'll go with that." Harper shakes her head and rolls her eyes before curling her arm around his. "So where should we hit up next? We've still got 5 more mazes to do and only another 2 hours before closing."

The two began to wander down the pathway, heading aimlessly towards the next collection of attractions. Word of Aeron's encounter with the imposter must have spread, for the rest of the imitators allowed them to cross the area without any interruptions. "I must confess that I do not believe we will be able to accomplish mastery of this event tonight."

"No, unless everyone else suddenly leaves there is no way we can visit all 5 in that time frame."

"Well, if you would permit me to..."