Saying Goodbye

When my long term boyfriend of 3 years broke the news to me about wanting to stay in the states, while I go and do all the plans that we had together of studying abroad in Australia. It was a little unbelievable.

 I wasn't completely okay with the break-up, but we both knew we weren't in the best of terms and moving so far away together probably wouldn't have helped any. I haven't explained much about myself, but my name is Sawyer Rose and I live in New York City, I plan on going to college in Australia to get my Photography Degree and live there afterwards. However, you have noticed that the plan was to travel with my boyfriend and live there with him as he got his Art Degree. But certain people don't know how to stick to a plan or a set schedule and decided to bail A WEEK BEFORE WE ARE SUPPOSE TO LEAVE.

 "Look Sawyer, I know this is out of the blue and last minute," Nick begins to speak, but I put my hand up. By taking deep breathes in and out I try to calm myself before I completely blow my top off, I begin talking.

 "Nick, you don't realize I don't care that much about you coming, just how am I going to repay you for a plane ticket, and give you back the money you paid on renting our apartment there for the first 6 months." I massage my temples, this is just one huge ass headache. "I'm a waitress at Waffle House Nick, it took me 3 years to raise up enough to go for just myself, and if you haven't noticed I'm not some top selling photographer just yet."

Completely disregarding my blunt rudeness, he sighs and speaks. "Look you don't have to pay me back, I want you to go and catch all those dreams you told me about. You can even keep the money for the refunded plane ticket." He grabs my shoulder and lightly squeezes it, something he's done forever and it always calmed me down.

 "I want you to be happy, and I know I won't be happy there." I sigh and look at him.

"Thank you Nick, just next time you decided to pull something last minute, don't." I playfully punch his arm and we laugh a little. We spend the next half hour reminiscing about all the old times and laugh at how stupid and young we were. I might actually miss this loser. After a while, he walks me to my car and we give each other one last hug. I know I won't be seeing him in person again from now until I leave so we both make this goodbye count. The hug last longer than most normal one and he squeezes me hard. Tears fall from my eyes as we let go and I hop in my car. He gives me one more wave and says his classic goodbye, like I'll see him tomorrow afternoon in the middle of the park where we sit and take photos of animals and scenery together, I'll for sure miss that. "See ya later tiger" he winks, noticeably holding back tears.

 "Talk to you later alligator" I smile through my tears and put my car into reverse. Seeing his smiley, teared face disappear in my rear view mirror.

It causes slight difficulties driving and crying, but taking the longer way home I get myself back together and start worrying about future things... I'm going to be all on my own in a new country and in a new school. I never was a social person so this 14 hour flight should be fun.

 I guess it's time to start a new beginning in Australia, and nothing will hold me back from greatness.  

———-

WOAH Hey there stranger, well if you are here that means you have read this chapter and I thank you for that.

So if you enjoyed it, Like it, Comment, and Share.

If you didn't I'm sorry, but still comment and tell me what you didn't like. We're all friends here.

love ya bunches xoxo