Hope's Death

In the world of Eden, there is a place known as the Final Bastion, it is the last place where humanity can be found since the walking dead have already taken lots of lives

In the world of Eden, there is a place known as the Final Bastion, it is the last place where humanity can be found since the walking dead have already taken lots of lives. The sky itself isn't blue but it is violet. The rains are deadly since every time it rains, water does not come out but black water that is very deadly to humans but for mysterious reasons it does not affect animals or plants. Moreover, the rain turns the people who die into the living dead. No weapons and magic could work against the living dead since they rise again after they have fallen and if the living dead kills a human, that killed human will turn into the living dead. Humanity is left with no choice but to confine themselves in the walls of the Final Bastion to protect themselves from the living dead. The goddess of death named Nyx started the undead invasion in Eden who has the wish to conquer the world of Eden to make it her own. She wished to create a world of the living dead. The Final Bastion is surrounded by walls that are fifty meters high so it will be difficult for the living dead to reach the people inside the walls. The walls form a circle and inside that circle is where the humans live their lives while fearing the moment that they will turn into the living dead in the near future. Even the government itself fears the living dead. While the rest of humanity cowers in fear, there is a young boy named Flynn who has blue eyes like the sky and who works in the farm fields. He has not given up hope that humanity can still achieve victory against the living dead. He aspires to become a knight of the Final Bastion like his father who is named Rudy. He lives with Lynette, his adopted sister whose parents were killed by Nyx. Rudy, the father of Flynn took Lynette in since he couldn't leave her alone being an orphan. Rudy is a knight of the Last Bastion who works directly under the king named Regulus II who only cares about his own status and gold. Rudy is married to a maid of the king named Yuki who is close to the king which explains why Rudy works directly under him since Rudy became the king's favorite knight. Yuki is Flynn's mother who is patient, kind, and a loving parent like Rudy. Nyx is a goddess who has black wings that resembles a dragon's wings, white hair, white horns, red eyes, sharp nails, sharp teeth, and a dragon's tail. Her beauty is comparable to Aphrodite that all men would swarm towards her. It all begins with life on the farm and with the question if ever Flynn will lead humanity to a brighter future or to despair, as well as the question if a mortal human can defeat a goddess who can bring dead humans back to life as Nyx's undead slaves.

It is a bright and sunny day in Final Bastion. Flynn and Lynette is working on the farm fields peacefully and they were happily spending their time together. The farm they work in is just near one of the gates of Final Bastion. While Flynn and Lynette were working on the farm fields, they saw an army of soldiers marching towards the gate. All of the soldiers were on horseback. Their armors were silver that shined as if their armors were white since it was daytime. They were knights from Final Bastion. They numbered at least 2000. Among the soldiers, the commander of the knights was there. The leader of the knights is named Commander Siegfried. He is the 194th commander of the knights of Final Bastion. He has a personality of being inhuman. He does not feel sadness when his comrades fall in battle. Putting his inhuman personality aside, he is a very skilled military commander. His tactics have reduced casualties during the wars before the living dead came to Eden. Commander Siegfried and his white horse passed by Flynn and Lynette. Flynn called him and asked him on why they were heading towards the gate. Finn said, "Ummm Mr. Knight, why are you people marching outside the walls where there is an army of the living dead that outnumbers humanity?" Siegfried replied, "It is to collect information on the living dead on how to defeat them." He explained to Flynn that humanity must find a way to defeat the living dead and Nyx so they have a mission to capture at least three of the living dead alive so that the mages and scientists can conduct research on how to defeat the living dead. A soldier named Mira interrupted their conversation rudely and said this to Flynn, "Hey brat, you don't really need to know what we're up to since you civilians only spend your lives getting fat and becoming food for the living dead." Flynn got angry and took his hoe to hit Mira. Commander Siegfried stopped Flynn and scolded Mira to stop being rude to civilians. Lynette grabbed both of Flynn's arms to prevent him from attacking Mira and told him to stop. The dispute between Flynn and Mira was settled quickly and without violence. The whole army went to the gate. The guard on the wall blew the horn which signaled the guards of the gate to open the gate so that Siegfried's soldiers can carry on with their mission to capture three of the living dead outside Final Bastion. Flynn followed the army before the army left Final Bastion. He watched how Commander Siegfried led the soldiers to battle. Commander Siegfried shouted to the soldiers, "Knights of Last Bastion! Humanity advances once again to obtain new information about the living dead! This is the 361th military expedition of the knights of Last Bastion! Offer your hearts! Offer your lives for humanity!" While Commander Siegfried was saying those words, the soldiers trembled with fear. Flynn could see the hands of the soldiers shaking in fear. One of the soldiers whispered and prayed, "I'm going to die! Gods in the sky, please save me!" Flynn was somehow disturbed with seeing the soldiers tremble with fear. One of the soldiers even urinated his pants because of fear. The guards then opened the gate. Commander Siegfried gave the order to advance. The soldiers shouted as they left Final Bastion. To Flynn, their shouts were more like screams of despair instead of shouts going out to battle for victory.