Chapter one

*When Alice first came out of wonderland*

"And then the queen of hearts tries to chop off his head but he was only a floating head so she couldn't" little Alice explained to her older sister as they both sat in the sunny hilltop.

Her older sister shook her head "Alice, you've been here the whole time, you couldn't have actually gone to a place called Wonderland , it was just a dream"

Young Alice sighed and rolled over onto her stomach.

It did happen, she told herself, and I will go back there one day.

* Fifteen-year-old Alice*

It was the middle of the school day and since it was nearly summer no one could pay attention.

All around Alice was a constant Murmur of voices.

She began tapping her pencil on her notebook, staring at the clock, waiting for the hand to move so it hit three and school would be out.

Suddenly she heard another ticking, the ticking going against the rhythm of the clock.

She sat up in her desk and looked around her.

"Alice," said a whispery voice in her ear.

She spun around to find nothing.

Suddenly the talking stopped, well it more like ..... froze.
Even the clock had stopped.

She stood up, turning around in a circle staring at the frozen faces of her classmates.

A purple most seemed to be drifting in the air around there heads, now a steady ticking noise could be heard as well.

"Alice, come help us" she heard the whispers say again, from behind her this time.

She spun around and came face to face with a mirror that was hung on the wall, used for science experiments and such.

She saw a fracture running up the glass then the mirror shattered.
In the moment before it shattered she could have sworn she saw a glowing smile, suspended in the mirror.

She knew that smile. She had seen it once before, and again every time she had a dream of that magical world called Wonderland.

"Kitty?" She whispered softly touching the remains of the broken frame.

"Right behind you darling," said a girl's drawling voice.

Alice spun around and came face to face with a woman dressed all in black, grey and purple.

Beside the woman stood a man with stark white hair growing shaggy over his face, his skin was a pale white and his eyes a bright mix of green and gold.
He wore a striped suit with a gold pocket watch hanging from the belt.

"Well you certainly have grown," said kitty, also known as the Cheshire Cat.

Alice stared in shock at them both "you!"

Kitty chuckled "honey u know you remember us so let's get straight to business, we need your help"

Was Alice still staring wide-eyed at them "your both real? I thought maybe it was just a dream, that's what everyone said, they all thought I was insane"

Kitty chuckled "then you'll fit right in where you're going"

The man stepped forward "Alice, we were never a dream, and like kitty said, we need your help, wonderland is falling apart, turning to metal"

Alice finally came out of her shock "I can go back to wonderland?"

The man, whose name was Beveren, nodded.
Beveren was also the white rabbit from the story of Alice in Wonderland but no one ever mentioned what kind of rabbit he was, well he is a Beveren and he makes sure to corrects people on this all the time.
Mainly kitty, who loved to tease him about this.

Kitty sighed "wonderland ain't what it used to be darling, Metal has taken over, the queen is being kept a prisoner in her palace which has been completely encased by mechanical gears, metal casing and old clock parts, we still don't know who is behind it"

Alice was now wide-eyed again "and you think I can help?"

They both nodded, kitty smirking a bit "that and Tarrant wants to see you"

Alice looked down at her feet, a pink blush spreading over her cheeks "you guys know about that?"

Kitty chuckled "it's basically my business to know all the gossip about what goes on in wonderland and then I might have told The rabbit here"

Tarrant, also known as the mad hatter has met Alice once when she was a little girl.

When she had turned fourteen he had started to visit her in her dreams.

He had been her fisrt kiss, if it counted, only being in a dream.

"Come with us Alice," said Beveren, holding out a hand, his form  beginning to Flicker slightly "Tarrant can't hold us here for much longer"

Alice looked around at her frozen classmates one last time then took his hand in hers.

Kitty giggled "here we go darling, hang on!"

Alice's eyes widened again "hang onto what?"

Kitty laughed the everything began to swirl and all three disappeared.

The room unfroze.

The steady murmur of talking carried on as usual.

The clock continued to tick, so slowly.

It wasn't until later that anyone noticed Alice had gone.