First Observation - freckles.

today was the first day of school. i wasn't excited per say, i just needed a reason to stay out of the house. all summer i was trapped here, only leaving for baseball or occasional family outings. i had tried to hang out with finney but he spent the whole summer with robin, i suspect them of dating so i didnt want to intrude. i had other friends but they werent actually interested in being friend, i was just there because they needed another person. so opted to distance myself from them, but that made me practically friendless. which definitely wasnt the best feeling, but whatever you have to keep going no matter what.

"bruce hurry up, youll be late!" my mom yelled from downstairs. i rushed to grab my stuff, grateful i had already done my routine earlier.

"are you driving?" i ask my mom as i reach the bottom of the stairs.

"i cant today, sorry." she says as she plants a kiss on my forehead. "youre bike should be in garage, but be careful." she shoos me out of the house.

"i will, bye!" i walk to the garage, noticing my surroundings. the grass needs to be cut, the neighbors trees need to be trimmed, theyre fence also needs to be repainted. the sky is in a nice orangey-purple stage, making it light enough to see but too dark to properly identify if its already day. telling by how dark it is now i wont be able to bike to school in at least a month, so about, mid september. i think?

i grab my bike and ride to school, i pass a few girls who giggle when i wave at them. i reach school and i already hear yelling by the main entrance. i lock my bike and head towards the entrance. i see him, 'pinball' vance hopper on top of another boy, he has short brunette hair. he looks like someone on the football team. he probably tried to pick a fight with vance, thinking he could take, it clearly backfired.

vance gets off of him kicking one more time before locking eyes with me. despite how he acts he's truly handsome, i would do anything to have a girlfriend, maybe a boyfriend, as attractive as him. no girls here look like him, to think of it, he's the only one to look him. tall, blonde, muscular with piercing blue eyes, no one else can match that description.

"bruce!" i heard a voice come from behind me. i turn around, taking my eyes off vance. i see finney and robin walking up to me.

"oh, hey!" i say, taking a step closer.

"are you okay? whats happening behind you?" robin asks, his tone showing hes worried for me.

"its just a fight," i say looking back at the poor beaten up brunette laying on the floor, "im fine, why do you ask?"

"your face is kinda red." finney answers for him.

"actually!?" (b)

"yea, did something happen?" (f)

"nothing, i was just watching the fight and then vance looked at me." i shrug.

"of course vance already got into a fight." robin mutters, "wait, he looked at you?"

"yea..?"

robin exchanges a look with finney, "how did you feel when he looked at you?"

"what do you mean? we just stared at each other." robin whispers something to finney.

"lets not tell him." i hear finney whisper back.

"tell me what?" (b)

"youll find out later." he giggles. i just give him a confused look and we walk into school.

we find our lockers, theyre organized by last name so im pretty far away from robin and finney as theyre 'a' and 'b' while im 'y'. that also means im a considerable distance from vance, i can see him from where i am but i dont think he can see me. something about him is so fascinating, when we looked at each other i felt a sense of curiosity. i want to know more about vance hopper. that'll be my out of school goal. i think back to our sort of interaction and i notice something. vance hopper has

freckles.

696 words😹