A-game jitters

Everything seemed normal as morning washed over the Pizzaplex, with everyone in their respective areas.

Chica was finding songs for karaoke night, Roxy was practicing her soon-to-be signature hair flip, Bonnie was playing tunes on his bass (with Freddy listening next door, since Bonnie likes his critique), Sun was organizing building blocks, and Monty... well, he was, brainstorming to say the least.

Him and sun wrote down anything they could think of that would improve Monty's romance game, and soon tried it out. Needless to say, it didn't go as planned. Roxy never got injured or angry with him, but she never really understood what he was trying to tell her either.

Trying to flirt, she thanked him, but seemed oblivious to his motive. Showing off his muscles, made her laugh, but still oblivious. Getting the door for her, thanked him, but still oblivious! He saw how EVERYONE ELSE basically understood what he was going for, except Roxanne! He turned over and groaned into his pillow. "Why's this gotta be so difficult?" The gator muffled. He turned his head and noticed the Roxy photo he uh... "borrowed" from a security office, and smiled a bit. As frustrating as it was, he'd be lying if he said he didn't find it cute.

ATTENTION PIZZAPLEX STAFF. THE PRE-OPENING DAY TOUR WILL BEGIN IN FORTY FIVE MINUTES.

That was the intercom, which made Monty gasp and practically bounce out of bed. He completely forgot the tour was today! Multiple staff members' families signed up it as a practice run of the entire Pizzaplex, for which their reviews will be counted for and analyzed so any problems would be fixed before opening day!

"Hurry up Monts! We gotta catch up with the others!" Alice called, seeing the animatronic come into view. She noticed how he practically raced his way to the main stage, making her chuckle, "Well you seem excited!" "How can I not be?" He laughed, "I get to show off with the rest of the gang!" "Especially that Roxanne Wolf, huh?" Monty chuckled awkwardly at her words. Once on stage, Alice set things up for them to wow the guests, but not before calling to the others to say "You'll do great!"

Now all they had to do, was wait.

The silence became deafening.

"Ugh! Why're they taking so looong?" Chica whined, now leaning against Bonnie's shoulder. Freddy soon piped up, "Don't worry. We still have three minutes until showtime. Believe me, time will fly by faster than you think!" Roxy soon took notice of how tense Monty was. "Hey." She whispered, "You okay?" The gator sighed, "Yeah, it's just-" He cut himself off. Would she judge him? He felt his endoskeleton cheeks get warm as he felt her hand in his, looking at her to see a comforting smile on her face. "I get it. You're the first Gator here. It's a lot of pressure, and... I know how it feels." His eyes widened a little. Was he that obvious? "You..." Monty stuttered, "You do?" "Well yeah!" The wolf laughed, twirling a piece of her hair, "I'm the first of my kind too. We've got big parts to play now." She squeezed his hand comfortingly, "But don't let it get to you. Just be as awesome as you always are!" Monty smiled warmly at her comment, now grabbing her other hand in his as he promised, "Only if you do the same." Roxy paused, but soon nodded, a determined expression on her face.

KA-CLUNK!

The elevator rose.