Slut

I wished I hadn't glanced at the mirror, again.

I held my straightener tightly in my left hand and lifted it up to a piece of hair that was slightly curled under my ear. I pressed it between the two hot irons and slid it down watching as the piece slowly started to match the rest. With reluctance I turned off the machine and forced my eyes to turn away from my reflection.

Once I started to stare at myself, It was hard to look away. My mind constantly telling me everything wrong that it saw. The small amount of clothes that I wore barely covered my butt or chest. It looked like I was heading to the beach, not a high school. Yet, my mom bought me the clothes and I wore them. This was what perfect looked like. She didn't want an ugly daughter.

"Is my fabulous daughter ready for school," my mom yelled from downstairs.

Throwing on a fake smile I yelled back, "yes." Then furiously ran down the stairs in my heels while putting on more of my nude lipstick.

"Oh, you look hot." she commented as she saw me heading for the door.

My mother sat on a stool at the kitchen counter with her hair clipped behind her head and wore only her under garments with a silk robe overtop. Her plate that sat in front of her was completely empty, I bet she only had one hard boiled egg. 

My stomach craved something as small as that to eat, but I decided to skip breakfast.

I told her a quick "thank you" before slamming the door and walking to my silver convertible to pick up my two friends.

Stopping at both of their houses, they both hopped in eagerly, wearing almost the same style of clothing as I did. Both wore shorts matched with a tank top that hung dangerously low in the front.

The three of us have not been friends for long, but at one of the Alpha's events a year ago I met them as they were both transferring from other packs. Our shared interest in makeup made us become instant friends.

"So I heard rumors that the Alpha is going to ask a special someone to the ball tomorrow night," Hillary said, as she wiggled her brown eyes in the rear view mirror.

I laughed, the laugh I was told was appropriate to do in front of other people. I didn't want to imagine my mom's furious face when I snorted when she spilled soup on her white top.

"I wonder who that could be." I said sarcastically, pulling into my usual spot in the school's parking lot. The one right by the Alpha's car.

"You of course," my friend, Sidney, commented. 

We all got out of the car, pulling our purses higher upon our shoulders as we strutted through the hallways. We definitely got some lustful stares as we stood in the middle of the hallway saying our goodbyes, before splitting up and going to our first period class.

The first person's eyes I saw was a pair of bright blue ones with green flecks, they looked me up and down while smirking before gesturing a finger towards them to sit on their lap.

I happily walked to the desk in the back, and straddled the person's waist as I dropped my purse on the ground beside me.

"Amelia, you look sexy today," He whispered in my ear as he trailed his hands up and down my thighs. "So I've been wanting to ask you something."

I bit my lip as I waited for what he would say next.

I used to be worried about people staring, but he always seemed to realize this and command them to look away. He was the Alpha after all, he was the most dangerous Alpha out of all the packs in the United States. He treated the people below him like crap, but he had all the power to do whatever he wanted. He could snap his fingers and someone would bring him whatever he wanted on a silver platter. His attention was what made me first start to feel more confident in myself. I was now fine with onlookers, I was more than fine, I actually started to love the attention.

We have been dating for around two years. He was the one that asked me, not the other way around. It took a lot of work for him to even notice me before asking me to be his girlfriend.

It wasn't my decision to want to date him, but my mom persuaded me into the idea. She said that the only way to be happy in this world was to be wealthy. I listened to her every word, she said that mates only brought heartbreak, since hers left. She was my mom, and I wanted her to be proud of me. At first I did all the things she told me to do. I dyed my hair blonde, so I could look like the way she wanted me to. Almost the way a barbie doll should look with blonde hair and blue eyes. She said I looked a lot better with blonde then brown. Then came the wardrobe change, and the continues yelling that I had to not eat so much, or I would be able to fit into my clothes.

I did everything she said, and eventually everything paid off. The alpha asked me out and I agreed. At first it was all fake, until I started not faking it, and enjoyed spending time with him. Then one day when I was going to spend the night at his house he grabbed my hand and took me to his bedroom after watching movies, he gave me pleasure all night long. That night made me feel so special. A guy that actually cared about me.

I never had that fatherly figure to look after me. It felt good to have all the attention on me, especially his.

He moved his hand up from my thighs and to my waist, pushing me closer against him.

I heard footsteps enter the room, but paid no mind as this is what always happens. The teacher never said anything to us anyways, this school was only filled with werewolves from Drake's pack. He was like the principle pretending to be a student.

His father already handed down the Alpha position to him for his 18th birthday, which was a month ago. He was suppose to find his mate then, but didn't. So he was all mine.

His lips found his way to the corner of my mouth, teasing me, before crashing his mouth against mine, making me moan and reach my hands into his hair to feel his curly brown locks go through my fingers.

Then he just stopped.

He stopped moving his hands, stopped moving his mouth, and sat as still as a statue.

I looked up and saw as a beautiful girl with long naturally blonde curly hair walked through the door, she wore a pair of tight jeans and a light blue t-shirt, it showed all her curves perfectly, curves that my mom constantly reminded me that I didn't have. Her brown doe eyes looking for any desk that was open. 

"This is our new student, Clair." The teacher said pointing at the girl that took the vacant desk that was next to us.

Everyone looked at her, but one pair of eyes stared at her the most intensely. And that was the person's lap I was sitting on now. Looking into his eyes I saw that he was watching her every move, almost looking like he didn't want to blink afraid that he would miss something. All she did was take out her notebook and pencil, to have him memorized as she jotted down everything the teacher was saying.

I think she felt Drake's eyes beaming on the side of her head for so long that she finally looked over. Looking in my direction and giving a disgusted look, then moving her gaze over to Drake's taking in a small gasp.

If I wasn't sitting directly on top of Drake, I would have never heard the word that came out as barely a whisper.

"Mate."

So some of you might remember that I posted this book about two years ago and then stopped writing it and deleted it from wattpad, but today I had this strong urge to re-write some of this first chapter and post again. I feel like this story is just one that should be read. Just so people can see a werewolf book from someone else's eyes besides the Alpha's mate. (Don't get me wrong though, I love those books.) It's just always nice to try something different.

Updates may be slow, I'm sorry.