Search For Tsunade

After their failed invasion of Konohagakure, the ninja of Sunagakure look for their now missing Fourth Kazekage. After finding the Kazekage's body and the bodies of his assistants in the neighbouring desert, the people of Suna realise that Orochimaru, the man who originally proposed the invasion to the village, killed and impersonated the Kazekage to give the impression of support for the invasion. This revelation, coupled with Suna's devastating losses at the hands of Konoha's ninja, forces the village to surrender unconditionally, which Konoha accepts.

With Team Gaara

"Damn that Orochimaru he was simply using us." Baki

"The invasion has weakened our forces. The other villagers might take advantage of this." Temari

He then remembered that he met Naruto when he and Kabuto were discussing the plan for the invasion. He was thinking about telling the leaf village about his involvement to get on their good side. He then tells Gaara and the rest about it.

"If you do that I will have no choice to kill you." Gaara

''Why do want to protect him Gaara." Baki

"He is my friend. " Gaara

They are shocked to hear that Gaara made a friend.

"He is the Nine-Tails jinchuriki. He has the power to annihilate the sand village easily. So if you value the sand's village safety don't tell the leaf village.

Next day
Council room
Because the village is now without a leader, the village elders approach Jiraiya, one of the Third Hokage's former pupils, and ask him to become the Fifth Hokage. Jiraiya declines the offer, saying that another of the Third's pupils would be better suited for the job: Tsunade. Because Tsunade's whereabouts are unknown, Jiraiya offers to go and find her with the stipulation that he be allowed to bring Naruto Uzumaki. The elders agree.

Naruto was sitting in his favorite ramen stand thinking about the mission to go get Tsunade.

"I heard this is the place you go all the time to eat ramen." Jiraya

"Well if isn't pervy sage." Naruto

Jiraya sighs at the title Naruto had given him.

Jiraya tells him he has a mission to find a certain woman and he wants Naruto to go with him. Jiraya was actually doing this to keep an eye on Naruto. Kakashi told Jiraiya about how Naruto didn't help them during the invasion. And his sudden disappearance.

"Is this woman gonna be the next Hokage." Naruto

"How did you know." Jiraiya

"Just a guess." Naruto

"So are you coming with me." Jiraiya

"I got nothing better to do." Naruto

Jiraya took that as yes

At the gate

"Alright let's go" Naruto said with a smile, as they go.

Later
Two outsiders have entered the village and have caught the attentions of Asuma Sarutobi and Kurenai Yūhi. Once confronted about their presence in Konoha, the two reveal themselves to be Kisame Hoshigaki, a renegade ninja from the mist village, and Itachi Uchiha, the man who singlehandedly murdered the entire Uchiha clan. Because the two are wanted criminals, Asuma and Kurenai try to apprehend them through battle but quickly found themselves outclassed by their enemies. Just as the two Konoha jōnin are about to be defeated, Kakashi Hatake arrives to save them both, his Sharingan making it easier for him to battle Kisame so Itachi asks Kisame to step down and let him personally take on Kakashi.