Chapter 1: New World

Summary of chapter:
Raymond moves to a new place and meets his new roommates.

__________

Raymond's POV

It was blurry and I don't remember much but all I can say is; my life is confusing. 

"Dad, what's the name of the school again? I forgot."

"Maple Academy."

I nodded. 

Currently, we are packing all of our belongings in preparation to move to a new house far, far away. I couldn't remember the details but I do remember that it was on an island not owned by any nation. I think that's odd since I thought that there's no such thing as unclaimed land, even a secluded island can be owned by countries thousands of kilometers away. 

My father had told me that I will be studying there until I'm college-age. I'm both excited and terrified of what's to come. I had never lived in a dorm before, let alone an all-boys academy. 

But at the very least, my friend's can come with us. My parents had offered their families to pay full tuition for their studies and even give them a monthly allowance. I'm glad that they'll be coming with me, at least I won't be alone once I'm there. 

"Mr. Cusano, your vehicle is here."

"Good. Here, bring these to the car and then come back to pick up more."

My father handed a couple bags to his assistant and out he went with those bags.

Not long after, my mom walks in.

"Honey, have you seen Armando's pacifier? He wouldn't stop crying unless I found it."

"Oh, whoops. I already handed it over to Neil."

She sighs but tells him that it's okay and that she would look for other ways to make my baby brother stop crying. My brother is only 3 years of age. Our age gap is 12 years so it surprises me that my parents somehow managed to raise a teen and an infant at the same time. 

Once we got in the car, we headed straight to the airport. Our family is considerably wealthy but not wealthy enough to own private jets so the least we can do is buy a first class ticket which is more than enough in my opinion. I'm not a big fan of fancy private flights, knowing how much carbon emissions they produce each flight. 

Since the island was in an entirely different continent, we had to stop at a number of countries before we reached our destination. On our stays, we managed to have our own little vacations. It of course didn't last long but it was enjoyable. 

"Dad, when will my friends join us?"

"They need to say good bye to their families first. They will join us about a week after we arrive but don't worry, they'll be with you eventually."

He patted my head while smiling warmly. 

When we reached the island, we were greeted by a man holding a sign that says; Welcome to Maple island, Mr. Cusano!

My father and the man chatted while me and my mother went to get our luggage. We  then went to the car waiting for us outside. The driver helped us load the luggage while my mother was busy looking after Armando. 

"Mom, can I hold Armando?"

"Sure thing sweetie. Be careful. Here's his bottle; if he cries, just give it to him."

I nodded.

My mother went to where my father and the man stood. I couldn't hear what they were saying but I couldn't care enough to eavesdrop. I don't want to bother adults while they are talking.