𝘊.1. 𝘊𝘩𝘰𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘴𝘮𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯𝘢𝘨𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴

Thursday, 12th April, 1976

"So I told her to wait for me at the brooms closet, you know, the one near the Great Hall. But then Paige Clark came and, have you seen her? Well let me tell you, she's hot as-"

"Padfoot, would you mind keeping the details of your flings to yourself?" Remus interrupted Sirius, who was way too invested explaining his latest affair.

They had been in the train to Hogwarts for an hour, and that had been the only conversation theme until then. There was nothing but green meadows in view, so Remus had to resort to one of the hundreds of books in his suitcase in order to find a distraction.

Sirius had been staying at the Potter's since Winter, something which was noticed in the way he looked completely healthy and happier than ever, talking nonstop and not trying to avoid skin to skin contact, in contrast to how he used to act when he returned from spending some time with his psychotic family.

However, the full moon had been just two days ago, and though deep down Remus felt just as esctastic to go back to Hogwarts as Sirius, to show the level of excitement his dog-like friend was displaying might as well earn him a dislocated neck.

James chuckled. "Yeah, let's not torture poor single Remus and Pete over here."

Peter scoffed lightly and Remus looked up from his book with a smirk.

"Well, Lily hasn't said yes to any of your advances yet, has she?" James' ears turned red and he pursed his nose, not accepting that his long-term crush was far from being madly in love with him.

"For your information, my Lily-flower has been accepting my pursuing for more than a month already."

Sirius gave a laugh which sounded more like a bark and patted James' back. "Yeah, whatever you say mate."

"Hey, it's the truth!"

"Blah, blah, blah."

"You know it is, she hasn't hexed nor insulted me at all this year. Isn't that right Moony?...Moony?"

But by then, Remus wasn't paying attention to the conversation anymore.

Instead, his focus was in the mesmerizing smell that came from the train aisle.

Because if there was something Remus absolutely loved, it was chocolate, and he was certain that if he ever got to smell the most delicious chocolate in the world, its scent would be exactly the same as the one flooding his senses right then.

In two long strides he was already out of the compartment, aware of how the aroma was quickly fading away, which meant it's position was changing.

Remus tried to make his way through the students lurking around wating for the Honeydunkes trolley to pass, his eyes frenetically scanning the corridor in hopes to catch the oh so delicious chocolate's owner.

Hi felt his senses tingling as the smell got closer, and closer, and closer-

"HEY! Watch were you're going!"

Remus was trown back into the compartment as someone collided with him and ran away, leaving him disoriented on top of a startled Peter.

"Mate, are you ok?" James asked, seeing his taller friend's panicked expression.

The two other Maraurders stared worryingly at the werewolf, who had suddenly remembered what he had been doing before and was trying to catch a whiff of the now disappeared smell.