fifty-eight

(ik this scene isn't in this chapter but none of the gifs i found would work so i gave fucking up

(ik this scene isn't in this chapter but none of the gifs i found would work so i gave fucking up. xo)

chapter fifty-eight
[ the war zone ]

"so, that song, huh? the will and mel song." max smiled and her and melissa walked down the aisle, looking at knives.

melissa sadly smiled and nodded, "yeah. a lot a memories with that song." she said as she looked at all the different knives on the shelf.

"the call at my house the other night, what actually happened? you seemed so upset, mel." max asked, concerned.

"um, so i told him that you guys missed him and he said he missed you all too then i asked if he missed me and he went silent and didn't even answer then proceeded to ignore my question and ask if i wanted to talk to mike and i said no and hung up." the girl explained making maxs jaw hit the floor.

"that fucking dick. im so sorry mel. really, i am." max frowned.

melissa shrugged and picked up a huge knife, "it's whatever. how about this one?"

"that's huge, mel." max laughed.

"it's kinky."

the redhead stopped laughing, "please don't tell me you have a knife kink."

"possibly."

"oh good lord."

the two girls continued looking at somethings until max noticed andy, one of jasons goons and hid. "what's wrong?" melissa asked as she looked at her confused.

"it's one of jasons friends. we need to find steve." she said as she began speed walking away.

"who's jason?" melissa asked, catching up to her.

"long story."

the girls gathered everything they needed and met up with the others and got back in the truck, "we need to go now. like right now!"

"okay okay!" steve yelled to max as he turned the RV on and they zoomed away.

—————

the group was now getting all their weapons ready in some random open grass field steve found.

lucas and erica were together making spears. nancy and max were doing something with a hunting rifle. dad had one of those, melissa sadly frowned.

and steve and robin were making something. melissa wasn't paying any attention so she had no idea what.

she was too busy watching dustin and eddie play fight which was making her smile. their friendship was adorable. it was the one thing that was keeping her happy.

"hey, mel." max called and the girl walked over. "here." she handed melissa an envelope. she looked at it confused, "what is it?"

"it's um a note from, billy. i found it in the attic with the rest of his things." she said, smiling.

"oh." melissa shoved it into her jeans.

"i just wanted you to know that im glad we're friends and that i hope that whatever happens, you come out of this alive." max said.

"we are both coming out of this alive." the girl smiled and pulled max into a hug before mel joined eddie and dustin who were play fighting.

steve watched from where he and robin were sitting at and was smiling as eddie picked melissa up and ran all over with her as she was laughing.

he loved hearing her laugh.

it's been months since he heard her actual genuine laugh.

"steve." robin said, snapping him out of his thoughts. "hm?" he hummed in response, "i have this feeling that something bad is going to happen." she said as she looked at him and he looked at her.

——

"never change dustin henderson. never change."

"i won't."