Friday 13th, Freddy Had A Bad Week

Sung Jin-Woo in this fic is an eldritch god with a violent protective streak for his family (which include Ashborne, the shadows, Jin-Ho, Song-I and his Hunter friends).

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Han Song-I hadn't understood why her best friend had pulled her to the side as class ended to tell her that she should stick close to her older brother, at first. She thought Jin-Ah was just being a worrywart, thinking that Jin-Woo's seemingly good luck at surviving any dungeon he's ever been to would rub off on the fellow E-Rank.

But as soon as they'd entered the dungeon and Jin-Woo calmly explained that they accidentally got stuck in a Red Gate, before catching an arrow aimed right for Song-I's face, she suddenly understood. Jin-Ah must've somehow sensed that her brother changed enough that he could keep Song-I alive as long as she stuck by him.

Even now, as Song-I observed the supposed E-Rank, she could visibly see the changes, beyond a simple haircut or update in wardrobe.

Jin-Woo never kept his eyes in one spot, always roaming his surroundings, a predatory expression permanently fixed in his gaze. She subconsciously shifted closer to him the longer they walked through the forest. Song-I could and would admit she was scared, she had been since Jin-Woo caught the arrow millimeters from her eyes. The shivers that danced along her skin wasn't just from the frigid air, nor the snow that fluttered around her.

"Oppa... are we going to be ok?" She asked quietly. She knew E-Ranks were weak, but up until now she thought she'd been ready to handle a dungeon. The huntress changed her mind now, though. She would never step foot in a dungeon again unless she knew Jin-Woo was there, too. At least, not for a while.

"We will. I can't speak for the other hunters, though." His eyes narrowed as he looked at the cockier C-Ranks, their loud conversation amplified in the still snowscape.

"How can you say that when we're supposed to be the weakest rank of hunters?" Song-I couldn't help but feel a bit hopeless at the situation. Hyakki were well known to be one of the most dangerous monsters because of their high intellect and pack mentality.

"I will personally ensure that you leave this dungeon unharmed and taken care of," he replied, ruffling her hair. "I have a promise to keep to my sister, after all."

The wind picked up, unfortunately for Song-I, whose hoodie did nothing to bar the chill from seeping into her bones. Then it suddenly disappeared, warmth blooming in its place instead. She looked down to see a large, thick coat being draped over her shoulders.

"Wear this if you're cold. Take these gloves and hat, too."

Where did Jin-Woo get these? She didn't decline, though, because she was fucking freezing, and the hat and gloves looked so warm and cozy. Then she noticed that not only was Jin-Woo in a simple black tee and pants, but he was also not shivering or even flushed from the biting winds.

"Aren't you going to wear some too, oppa?"

"I'm not cold. Do you need a scarf, too?" Song-I shook her head, she was already comfortably heated.

"Where did you get these warm winter clothes?" Another voice joined the quiet conversation. Song-I looked to Jin-Woo's left to see the pretty B-Rank mage, Park Hee-Jin, shivering in her own light outfit.

"Oppa..." she started to say, but she stopped when Jin-Woo quite literally pulled another set of winter wear from thin air, his hand disappearing before reappearing with the same jacket, gloves and hat as the one she was currently dressed in, the stoic man simply handing it to Ms. Hee-Jin.