love me (like a desert rose)

Jin-Woo woke up early, intending on going to the bank in order to set up the trust fund accounts for Jin-Ah, Song-I and Jin-Ho before he left for the Demon Tower. He also planned to clear the Tower within a couple days, not only to collect the necessary ingredients to create more of the Elixir of Life, and to settle the score left unchecked from the first time.

Not to mention, he had to figure out why he came back in time and why he had all the items and shadows he had from his first timeline, unlike the time he went back ten years in time with the Cup of Reincarnation. He hadn’t had time to really question it when he first woke up 5 years in the past of the first timeline due to his early morning raids with Jin-Ho, and then the parent-teacher meeting that he had to prepare for, which led to him taking Song-I to the C-rank Gate.

After taking a shower and getting dressed, he called Jin-Ah’s school and told them she was feeling under the weather and would be out from school today before going to her room to let her know he did so.

“Hey, I’m gonna be gone for a couple days, so don’t burn down the house while I’m not home, ok? I called you out of school today because you didn’t get much sleep last night and I don’t want you overworking yourself and getting sick while I’m gone. You can invite Song-I over as long as you guys clean up after yourselves.” 

“You’re leaving?” Jin-Ah completely bypassed the last half of the information he gave her in favour of focusing on the first half of his words and getting that frown on her face, the one she usually got when he ended up in the hospital and she just finished worrying over him and was now about to scold him harshly. “Where are you going?”

“It’s a Hunter thing. Don’t worry about it.”

“...Fine but you better not die or I swear to God I’ll sell my soul to the Devil to resurrect you and kill you myself.” Jin-Woo couldn’t help but laugh at her serious expression.

“I promise I won’t die. I’ll be back soon ok? And don’t invite boys over either, I’ll know.”

Jin-Ah rolled her eyes dramatically. “Yes, mom. Whatever you say.”

With that last final warning, Jin-Woo hiked his bag over his shoulder and headed out the door.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

As soon as he left, Jin-Ah called Song-I.

“Come over, we have to talk.” She said as soon as her best friend picked up.

“Hi, Jin-Ah; yes, I’m fine after getting stuck in that Red Gate last night, thank you for asking,” came the dry-humoured reply.

The brunette rolled her eyes like Song-I could see her do so. “Obviously that’s what we have to talk about, dummy! Also Jin-Woo just left and he’ll be gone for who knows how long so obviously you’re coming over to spend the night so we can talk about everything that’s happened in the last 72 hours without being interrupted. Also Jin-Woo left money for takeout, so call out of school and spend the day with me.”

“...Who are you and what have you done with my best friend Jin-Ah?”

“Same thing you did with my best friend who should be smart enough to know not to follow my brother into a dungeon and did so anyway,” she snarked back easily.

“...Fair. I’ll go make the call and text you when I’m outside. Deal?”

“Deal.”

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯